Ok, ....fess up....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've split roughly 9 cord so far with an electric splitter. You can only go so far off the power outlet so plan accordingly. I use a heavy guage cord for 75 feet and that's about all I can do and still have enough power to split. I also like to use it during the burn season if I need to reduce a split. I have it set up in garage and it's perfect for quick splits or making kindling.

I'd definitely consider a big electric motor on a standard-size splitter. I split away from the house so rarely, the ability to split quietly would definitely be an advantage. In fact, this thread has me thinking now - I may have to look into swapping a motor in place of the engine on mine...

I noticed in DR's last catalog that they sell a splitter designed be convertable from gas to electric and vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.