OK, Finally.....the new Englander 10-CPM Multi Fuel is installed....w/ pics!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imacman

Yes, finally got the stove all set and dressed-up the way I wanted it. It comes all black, and so I did some masking and spraying with gold Stove Bright on the outside, and some silver and bronze Stove Bright on the "fire brick". Only missing the brass lip trim, but that will be ordered soon.

Mike Holton and his crew did a GREAT job on this baby....can't wait to burn it indoors. Did the test burn out on my deck, and everything is a GO. ;-)

Got the appliance adapter from Eric at Kinsman Stoves, and let me tell you, he is the best! Had the adapter in my hands in 2 days from Ohio.....thanks Eric! If any of you pellet heads, or soon to be pellet heads need anything stove related, I really think you need to contact Eric. Great prices, great service, and fast shipping. He's also carrying Harman stoves now.

Hey, I even got a Kinsman knit hat....NICE! :)

OK, here's the pic to make it official that, YES, It DID HAPPEN!! :cheese:

EDIT: OK, OK, the pic of the hat is later on...post #26 :)

Attachments

• 10-CPM-1.JPG
    10-CPM-1.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,105
  • 10-CPM-3.JPG
    10-CPM-3.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 1,130
  • 10-CPM gold 2.JPG
    10-CPM gold 2.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 1,024
I was gonna tease and say theres no flame, But who cares "Nice" stove macman. Bet it will keep you nice and toasty.

What multifuel you plan on trying first???

Welcome to the world of Multifuel. We need to start our own club or somthing! Nothin against the pellet heads..

jay

jtakeman said:
I was gonna tease and say theres no flame, But who cares.....

Yeah, I know, no flame. :-/ But I'll save that for a colder day than today. As for fuel, I'll be starting with pellets. I burned some Premier as the "burn-in", and even though they are what I consider the "bottom of the barrel" as far as what I have (Premier, Lignetics softwood, CleanFire hardwood, and Rocky Mtn.), they burned great. I'll use the Premiers and the CleanFires for the shoulder season burning, and save the Lignetics and rocky Mtn. for Jan-Feb.

I also saw that place in Ct. that has the Energex Switchgrass...I plan on making a day trip to pick up some bags of those to try, along with some bags of Okanagans ( I gotta get BTU off my back...LOL!).

Yeah, a multi-fuel "club" would be cool....Jay, I nominate you President. (I'm MUCH too busy being Pellet Pig treasurer :cheese: )

FINALLY.....the tease is over. :lol:

worth the wait tho, that stove looks really sharp all customized!
Nice job!

BTW- where is Eric these days? Pellet must be huge by now ;-)

tinkabranc said:
FINALLY.....the tease is over. :lol:

worth the wait tho, that stove looks really sharp all customized!
Nice job!

BTW- where is Eric these days? Pellet must be huge by now ;-)

Thanks Tink. A little more work, but I like having something different. It's a nice stove to begin with, but i like "dressing 'em up", just like i did my Astoria.

As for Eric, I spoke with him today, and he's just busy. I'm sure he'll make an "appearance" soon. And your right, pellet must be a "big dog" now. :bug: (I forgot to ask about him).

I think I may have to "borrow" your idea of painting that firebrick. :)
Looks a heck of alot nicer than the boring grey one I have on my Advance.

macman said:
I also saw that place in Ct. that has the Energex Switchgrass...I plan on making a day trip to pick up some bags of those to try, along with some bags of Okanagans ( I gotta get BTU off my back...LOL!).

I work about 15 min. away from them. I stop in once a month or so to keep tabs(lookig for deals) They have some decent prices. Except by the bag. They get $6.00/bag for everything they sell.

macman said:
Yeah, a multi-fuel "club" would be cool....Jay, I nominate you President. (I'm MUCH too busy being Pellet Pig treasurer :cheese: )

No Time for me either And I am really not a leader. But I can work for the research dept?

If I ever get some free time, I got a friend that has the pellet making tools. He's been making some test samples for me to try. Paper. Wood/Corn(60/40) mix. Leaves. Lawn Clippings.Straw and so on.

jay

tinkabranc said:
I think I may have to "borrow" your idea of painting that firebrick. :)
Looks a heck of alot nicer than the boring grey one I have on my Advance.

Tink, give me a shout by PM when you're ready to do it...I have an easy method.

jtakeman said:
.....I got a friend that has the pellet making tools. He's been making some test samples for me to try. Paper. Wood/Corn(60/40) mix. Leaves. Lawn Clippings.Straw and so on.....
YIKES! :bug: Now those are true "multi-fuels". I like the wood/corn version, but not so sure about the lawn clippings :-/

Ghettontheball said:
macman said:
Ghettontheball said:
is that an auger in the burnpot?
No, it has a "stirrer".
is stirrer motorized or manual?& does it run constantly

the mixer (or stirrer) is driven on a preset off on cycle dependant on the fuel type mode the unit is set in , with pellets it moves very little , just enouh to keep pellet ash from clinkering should they be a bit less than "perfect" when the unit is set for corn the stirrer runs more frequently for a longer duration to keep the corn from clumping as it burns , also the mixer whne burning corn has the effect of "popping" or splitting the corn on contact as when its fully involved the stir rod gets red hot this cracks the casing of the kernals on contact (which is similar but not as involved as popcorn type popping) to allow the more easily burned inner portion of the kernals to burn more readily.

macman said:
Yes, finally got the stove all set and dressed-up the way I wanted it. It comes all black, and so I did some masking and spraying with gold Stove Bright on the outside, and some silver and bronze Stove Bright on the "fire brick". Only missing the brass lip trim, but that will be ordered soon.

Mike Holton and his crew did a GREAT job on this baby....can't wait to burn it indoors. Did the test burn out on my deck, and everything is a GO. ;-)

Got the appliance adapter from Eric at Kinsman Stoves, and let me tell you, he is the best! Had the adapter in my hands in 2 days from Ohio.....thanks Eric! If any of you pellet heads, or soon to be pellet heads need anything stove related, I really think you need to contact Eric. Great prices, great service, and fast shipping. He's also carrying Harman stoves now.

Hey, I even got a Kinsman knit hat....NICE! :)

OK, here's the pic to make it official that, YES, It DID HAPPEN!! :cheese:

what did you paint the brick panel with??? looks sharp!

never mind i see it now. still looks pretty sharp

stoveguy2esw said:
Ghettontheball said:
macman said:
Ghettontheball said:
is that an auger in the burnpot?
No, it has a "stirrer".
is stirrer motorized or manual?& does it run constantly

the mixer (or stirrer) is driven on a preset off on cycle dependant on the fuel type mode the unit is set in , with pellets it moves very little , just enouh to keep pellet ash from clinkering should they be a bit less than "perfect" when the unit is set for corn the stirrer runs more frequently for a longer duration to keep the corn from clumping as it burns , also the mixer whne burning corn has the effect of "popping" or splitting the corn on contact as when its fully involved the stir rod gets red hot this cracks the casing of the kernals on contact (which is similar but not as involved as popcorn type popping) to allow the more easily burned inner portion of the kernals to burn more readily.

I thinx Pook is interested? Maybe he wants on too!

No more daily burn pot scrapping.

Mike, I haven't been able to locate the Max BTU output of this unit? I have a friend I an steering towards this stove(he is eyeing the 6039). If I can give him the numbers he might go with this stove.

jay

Nice job Macman...that thing is SWEET!!!!!!!! I would eventually like to get one and put my pdvc in the basement. Unfortunately, that won't be for a little while ($$$$$).

macman said:
jtakeman said:
.....I got a friend that has the pellet making tools. He's been making some test samples for me to try. Paper. Wood/Corn(60/40) mix. Leaves. Lawn Clippings.Straw and so on.....
YIKES! :bug: Now those are true "multi-fuels". I like the wood/corn version, but not so sure about the lawn clippings :-/

Just think of it as smoking grass man! :cheese:

slvrblkk said:
Nice job Macman...that thing is SWEET!!!!!!!!.....
Thanks slvrblkk, I appreciate the compliments.

As for the $$$, contact me by PM about the price....might be lower than you think.

Looks great macman !!!!!!

stoveguy2esw said:
what did you paint the brick panel with??? looks sharp!

never mind i see it now. still looks pretty sharp

Thanks Mike. I hoped you'd like it.

Now, waiting for a "cool" night so I can test the indoor burning....(not that I'm wishing for the cold weather to arrive anytime soon, but....)

Nice job with the paint on the stove, maybe Englander can sub you out for customizing stoves, They can call it the Macman special

the bricks look sharp !

BXpellet said:
Nice job with the paint on the stove, maybe Englander can sub you out for customizing stoves, They can call it the Macman special

the bricks look sharp !

Thanks BXpellet.

Yes, I can do customizing....Mike, are you listening???? :cheese:

Xena said:
Lookin good! Where's the hat? :)

Xena, I was just waiting for someone to ask me about the hat...here it is (don't get too jealous everyone) :lol:

Attachments

• Kinsman Knit Hat.JPG
    Kinsman Knit Hat.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 442
Status
Not open for further replies.