1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

ok .. first post ... odd question . have an old hs tarm mb solo 75

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by hard~wood, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hard~wood

hard~wood New Member

Loc:
    United States
    i know i know i know.... its oldschool and ...... all that. but its all i have and i want to make the best of it. i have a good bit of fire brick and am fully capable of welding. is there any way i can improve on .. or create the secondary burn with the way this thing is built? there is a TON of room in this thing. just looking for any ideas. currently have only a stone lined ford "range boiler" from an old solar system as storage. i know some of you will tell me to sell it for scrap value and invest in a gasifier .... but i am broke flat... and heating the house with a couple of tons of coal that i hauled out of a basement in 5 gallon buckets. but hey .... it was FREE!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Singed Eyebrows

Singed Eyebrows New Member

Loc:
    Midwest
    Welcome to Hearth, there are a lot of us in the same boat. I believe the best thing you can do is burn dry wood. You can't turn that into a gasification boiler. Good luck, Randy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.