ok .. first post ... odd question . have an old hs tarm mb solo 75

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hard~wood

Oct 25, 2011
United States
i know i know i know.... its oldschool and ...... all that. but its all i have and i want to make the best of it. i have a good bit of fire brick and am fully capable of welding. is there any way i can improve on .. or create the secondary burn with the way this thing is built? there is a TON of room in this thing. just looking for any ideas. currently have only a stone lined ford "range boiler" from an old solar system as storage. i know some of you will tell me to sell it for scrap value and invest in a gasifier .... but i am broke flat... and heating the house with a couple of tons of coal that i hauled out of a basement in 5 gallon buckets. but hey .... it was FREE!

hard~wood said:
i know i know i know.... its oldschool and ...... all that. but its all i have and i want to make the best of it. i have a good bit of fire brick and am fully capable of welding. is there any way i can improve on .. or create the secondary burn with the way this thing is built? there is a TON of room in this thing. just looking for any ideas. currently have only a stone lined ford "range boiler" from an old solar system as storage. i know some of you will tell me to sell it for scrap value and invest in a gasifier .... but i am broke flat... and heating the house with a couple of tons of coal that i hauled out of a basement in 5 gallon buckets. but hey .... it was FREE!
Welcome to Hearth, there are a lot of us in the same boat. I believe the best thing you can do is burn dry wood. You can't turn that into a gasification boiler. Good luck, Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.