Ok first time I'm giving my Accentra Insert the once over...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CtPaul

Burning Hunk
Sep 16, 2011
CT
So my insert has served me well for 5 burning seasons and I want to keep it that way :) ! So far the only "problem " I've had was replacing the igniter (knocking on wood).
Now that is was in the 30's this morning I decided it was time to "get around to" prepping my stove! :rolleyes:

My plan is to put it on a dolly and wheel it outside, give it a normal cleaning and blow it out with compressed air! - I also plan to check/replace the door gasket, hopper lid gasket.
- Clean the distribution fan (wish there was a way to quiet that thing down a little) and the combustion fan.
- Order an new ESP to have on hand

I'm not sure if I am missing anything. I want to replace anything that might be an issue during the heating season. All I want to worry about once I fire it up is pour pellets in it and the weekly cleaning :cool:

I don't plan on wheeling it outside for another couple of years so speak up if there is anything I should check!! :)

Thanks
Paul

I will take pics...I know the rules! ;lol

Plus I love it went I search on something and someone has a write up with pics:)

Status
Not open for further replies.