Ok help me out.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jim3854

Nov 20, 2011
Rhode island
Im mounting a couple of door way fans tomorrow . Do I blow the heat towards the bedrooms or blow cold air to the heater ?

In upper corner of doorway, blow heat towards bedrooms. I would add some kind of low speed fan on the floor to blow cold toward the stove.

I normally say cold air out....

But Jrsdws has this one. If its a small fan up top, then blow in. Even if no return.

But.... it is worthy to blow some cold air out of the room (towards stove).

Reactions: The Ds
i have two of the little doorway fans...first year i had one
blowing the hot air out of the room where the stove is, and the second one
blowing the air down the hallway towards my bedrooms...

this year i tried the blowing cold into the stove room thing...,so i have one mounted on top of the doorway
blowing hot air out and the second one mounted on the bottom of the doorway blowing
the cold air in....what a HUGE differance its made...my house never gets below 70-72
where as last year the best i could do was mid 60's

Reactions: The Ds
Have you tried checking what your natural flow is? I would check that and assist it. Easier to go with the flow than to fight against it.

Reactions: SwineFlue
Status
Not open for further replies.