OK......how did Gamma break her hoof

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Minister of Fire
Dec 22, 2008
Schoharie County, N Y
So Gamma says that she broke her foot and she doesn't know how it happened. :roll: My guess is that she fell a large white oak and it landed on her foot. How do you think she did it?

On a serious note I hope your foot heals quick Gamma!

Bone loss, just call her old gamma.

zap

She rested her arm on her foot and it caved in under the weight of the bangles. Feet are rated for only so many kilograms of silver :)

Thanks for the thought Jack and crew...
Don't know how dammit. I woke up one day and it was all black and blue and swollen. No I was not drunk the night before! This has been ongoing for a few weeks...the foot dr said nothing was wrong.....bahstard told me to wear sneakers...... :-/
they just found out it is broken.

Last week the friggin flu this week the hoof....frig!

I have had a lot of bad luck in the health dept in the last year since I joined this forum... >:-(

Which one of you mudders has a voo doo doll of me dammit.... :ahhh: cut it out already!

Gamma's got the gout!!!

pen

best to alternate feet when a$$ kickin. Probably just wore that one out. foot bones are terrible healers....might i suggest levitating until it heals all proper like.

GAMMA RAY said:
Thanks for the thought Jack and crew...
Don't know how dammit. I woke up one day and it was all black and blue and swollen. No I was not drunk the night before! This has been ongoing for a few weeks...the foot dr said nothing was wrong.....bahstard told me to wear sneakers...... :-/
they just found out it is broken.

Last week the friggin flu this week the hoof....frig!

I have had a lot of bad luck in the health dept in the last year since I joined this forum... >:-(

Which one of you mudders has a voo doo doll of me dammit.... :ahhh: cut it out already!

The voodoo is coming from the me Gamma, about a month ago I ask if you actually had a stack of wood and to post a picture, nothing. More voodoo coming your way unless you post the picture.

The next voodoo coming at you will have something to do with your hair!

Hemlock Voodoo

Attachments

• 629px-Mystic_voodoo_logo21_698.jpg
    629px-Mystic_voodoo_logo21_698.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 535
Gamma, didn't know you broke your foot, sorry to hear that. Take time to heal.
I dunno zap, you might have better luck doin' something about the danglin' bangles. That'd get her attention. :lol: Or, are you saving that as a last resort? hehehe

OUCH. Take it easy gamma, hope it heals quick.

And in other news - Local woman has memory lapse while kicking the crap out of the oil delivery man. More at 10.

I think that computer virus has spread to your foot Gamma. Stop using the mouse as a foot pedal.

(But really I'm very sorry that you are having foot problems. Take good care of it and see a really good doc. Feet are complicated.)

GAMMA RAY said:
No I was not drunk the night before!

That's probably why you hurt yourself! :p

I hope the old man don't take you out back and shoot ya.

Drink lightly this weekend Gamma.

Thanks for all the well wishes...
I just wish I was doing something super fun when I broke it...skydiving, skiing, snowboarding, kickboxing....
or giving Mr Gamma a kick in the a$$.... :lol:

I know zap does not have the voodoo doll of me...it's pen dammit. :mad:
When we were at the Woodstock open house BBQ, he was shoo-ing a bee away from my head...I thought I felt him pull a few hairs out.. :ahhh:

Gotta love how one doc tells you there is nothing wrong.....and you know damn well something isn't right.
Pretty scarey....not really with a broken foot but if it were something serious like what Daveswoodhauler went through with his wife.

My guess would be a stress fracture. Chill, GAMMA, make the Mr. haul the wood in, just tend the stove one stick at a time, spend a few days in a mild alcoholic haze, add a few really good pain meds if you have access to 'em as a garnish, and I'll be fine... oops, I mean, you'll be fine..............

hossthehermit said:
spend a few days in a mild alcoholic haze

That won't help her gout at all! :p hehe

pen

M, I know an awesome blacksmith/farrier ... give me a ring if you want his number :)

Feel better !

GAMMA RAY said:

You have to offer Jobu cigars, rum and Allstate insurance!

GAMMA RAY said:
Thanks for all the well wishes...
I just wish I was doing something super fun when I broke it...skydiving, skiing, snowboarding, kickboxing....
or giving Mr Gamma a kick in the a$$.... :lol:

I know zap does not have the voodoo doll of me...it's pen dammit. :mad:
When we were at the Woodstock open house BBQ, he was shoo-ing a bee away from my head...I thought I felt him pull a few hairs out.. :ahhh:

Gotta love how one doc tells you there is nothing wrong.....and you know damn well something isn't right.
Pretty scarey....not really with a broken foot but if it were something serious like what Daveswoodhauler went through with his wife.

Wierd....been out for most of the week and not logged on as My wife had her rib removal surgery and vein repair at MGH this week, so been a little crazy trying to keep the family unit going. Thank god for family as it really does "take a village"
On the way home out of Boston tonight there was a lot of traffic, and I didn't want to wait in the traffic...so stopped off in Cambridge....and "well, looky here....a beverage store"....well its a Friday night, and I am tired...but hell, its 9:00pm....hhhmmmmmhhhhmmmmm...what comes to mind, well looks like I left the store with a sixer of dogfish 60 minute IPA.....so here is to you Gamma and I'll have one for you tonight to hope that you are on the mend soon.
Similar to Gamma....and a bit of Irony....my wifes Primary care Dr called her the other day before surgery and left a message that they wanted to "Talk about her recent hospitalization at MGH"...having a bad day and I was already a little rough around the edges....I said "if they want to see you and skip the copay, then they can come to our house on their dime if they want to have a cover their ass meeting cause the farked up bad...and I mean bad...." Dammed if I am going to pay another freakin copay cause they want to kiss azz and cover their arse cause they farked up bad""""" I actually thought of Gamma that day cause I was pretty pizzed (no offense Gamma) and I was almost hoping I would semi lose it in a sorta Gamma way and go some Chuck Norris action...on the phone that is, cuz I'm really not a violent person....just wanted to be bad azz for one day...lol.

Again, Gamma.....hope you are getting the help you need...as its so tough these days as you really have to almost self diagnose....like Craig said before....there needs to be more and better General Practicioners....so when they have something they can't figure out, they have better advice than. "Well, take some motrin, and if the pain comes back don't call me"....feel for ya Gamma as I know what its like.
Sending some good gamma your way.
And, cheers....(the 2nd Dogfish is always the best) :)

I find myself wondering what she was dreaming that night . . .

Feel better soon, dangit. It's no fun picking on you when you're in pain.

Gamma Listen to Gamma Ray it will heel your wounds :lol: or maybe you should get drunk now that might do a reverse heal. I hope you feel better soon Gamma being broken sucks ! ;-)

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.