Ok I’m a Husqy guy...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mainstation

Feeling the Heat
Jan 4, 2009
N.Ont.
But today my trusty Husqvarna 365 Special told me it was a bit tired. Broke my chain brake and need a new bar and two chains filed. Got me thinking I may need to deal this great saw. 9 years old , prolly cut 150 cord of wood and 5000' of cedar and now I am thinking, my tax refund may fund a new saw purchase. I wish Husqvarna made a similiar 365 , closest I see is the 357XP or the 361 Stihl. Never been a Stihl guy, but the power to weight ratio seems to make more sense than the Husqy. Might just fix er up but I have another 30 face cords to cut up and don't want to get let down ...Experienced advice needed.....

The Husqy has ALWAYS shown up for work. I feel a bit reluctant just discussing dealing this saw.

The 372xp is a 365 with a larger piston and cylinder. Its still available.

9 years thats it u better switch brands to a stihl my oldest girl is now on her 25th ( 024) plus birthday and still will help me out when i ask . She was my only saw for better than 10 years and cut 6- 8 full cord everyone of those years I will tell you she is tired old gal and from the day I bought her to the time I walk out in the garage right now she will fire up on the 7th pull like normal .

LOL Only 7 pulls since the day she was new huh?

9 year old was and you're talking like it's time to replace it. Mine's going on 30 year old and don't take no 7 pulls.

Ok, maybe I'll just get er fixed. It is a helluva good cutting saw. I guess it depends on the deal $$$.

If you do go with a 357xp, I can tell you that you won't be dissappointed either though. My FIL has a few of them and they are a very nice saw.

I have done 5.25 cords on 4 days of work and cut about 30 cords a year.My saws have never been a issue yet, my back seems to be the issue right now thank God for flexereil!

I have hte 357Xp. it is an awesome saw. First step into the professional line. I would highly recomend it

mainstation said:
But today my trusty Husqvarna 365 Special told me it was a bit tired. Broke my chain brake and need a new bar and two chains filed. Got me thinking I may need to deal this great saw. 9 years old , prolly cut 150 cord of wood and 5000' of cedar and now I am thinking, my tax refund may fund a new saw purchase. I wish Husqvarna made a similiar 365 , closest I see is the 357XP or the 361 Stihl. Never been a Stihl guy, but the power to weight ratio seems to make more sense than the Husqy. Might just fix er up but I have another 30 face cords to cut up and don't want to get let down ...Experienced advice needed.....

The Husqy has ALWAYS shown up for work. I feel a bit reluctant just discussing dealing this saw.

i've been selling & repairin' husqvarna's since '79......my advice is to get the chain brake repaired and put on a new sprocket and guide bar on the 365 and buy a new 372xp before they are gone! (if you like your 365) you can't beat havin' two saws that are almost the same,for a number of reasons! they both are EXCELLENT SAWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.