OK, I know craigs list get beat to death here but.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Didn't seem too bad to me. Cutting up the stump would be a hassle if you didn't have a decent saw, but at least they are throwing in the other tree for the effort. I'm seen postings about cutting up stumps and they want you to grind it up.

I know it's not as bad as some ads you see but the titles states free firewood and then the ad lets you know the work you have to do to get it. Just struck me as wishful thinking. Like I said it just made me chuckle.

JoeyD" date=" said:
I know it's not as bad as some ads you see but the titles states free firewood and then the ad lets you know the work you have to do to get it. Just struck me as wishful thinking. Like I said it just made me chuckle.

Well if I showed up somewhere and the tree was already cut and split, I would feel like an ass taking it for free.

Go out there with that saw and show that stump you mean business! If I can cut a four foot wide trunk with my saw, you can do it. ;)

Being a complete novice at wood heating, but a active Craigslist scavenger, I interpret the ad as this:

Three foot high by 30" stump = two nice size rounds which will make a nice little pile when split.
The 25 foot by 10" standing tree = maybe ten rounds and some usable branch stuff.

Doesn't even sounds like a truck load, but free is free, and if it were close sounds like an easy grab.

I'm up to about 8 cords now of CL wood since I started watching the ads and have a commitment for another 6-8 truck loads (3-4 cords) this weekend.

JoeyD said:
I agree, it may as well say free furniture. Its not firewood its a tree.
I am annoyed when people do that.

gzecc said:
JoeyD said:

Tell me about. Who ever thought firewood came from trees. :)

bsearcey" date=" said:
gzecc" date=" said:
JoeyD" date=" said:

Tell me about. Who ever thought firewood came from trees. :)

I KNOW!!! It's like the craigslister is trying to tell people what to do with the wood... What next, free paper?

why do you need a three foot bar to cut down a 30" stump?

That is better than most of the "firewood" CL ads here. The ones on the CL around here say "free firewood" then you click on it and it is 9 times out of 10, "old fence cut up in pieces, ready to burn". The other 1 out of 10 times it is "seasoned, ready to burn, just needs to be cut up and split." ;)

The ones that kill me around here are people who try to sell their own firewood for a premium price. I often see people trying to sell un-split hardwood that isnt stacked and cant be measured as a true cord, unseasoned and not delivered for the same price that you can get a cord of seasoned split to length and delivered wood. If I were to pay for wood, one of the major benefits i would see is the fact that it is delivered to my front door and I don't have to load and load my truck 3 times and make three trips. If your not including delivery the price should be at least half in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.