Ok its this Saturday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

the permitt is take care of The hell with the media if they show so be it the stove is going in If the media does not show more excuses to hoist another frosty\
We may go to Tom's tavern afterwards. Thurs day when I figure out who is comming I will post a meeting place we could meet iat the patriots stadium or the center of Wrentham
Plan between 10/ 11 am I will forward my cell phone to all those that need it The Home address is 16 Hunter Ave Norfolk MA

I'm free this weekend, BUT

the car is in serious need of my attention. I've been putting it off too long. The front right caliper is intermittently sticking now, along with the wheel bearing in the rear thats on the way out.

I guess I'll have to sit this one out guys, I'm sorry.

Corie said:

the car is in serious need of my attention. I've been putting it off too long. The front right caliper is intermittently sticking now, along with the wheel bearing in the rear thats on the way out.

Well if you could make this far I could fix the car but way too much risk involved . This install is a walk in the park and an excuse to hoist a few

Well I guess........
Let me know if anything changes.
FYI I picked up some Bio bricks the next town over if anyone want's to test them and are going to the install let me know I can get more... They keep jamming the auger on my pellet stove :cheese:

Corie said:

Watch out detroit... Last time Corie set out to fix the burn tubes on his stove he ended up building a whole new designed stove using a CATIA V5 and steel from an old PA coal cracker. He's likely to come up with something that get's better mpg than a Prius but doesn't look like a banana on wheels by the end of the weekend.

Well GVA looks like a party of two one six pack will do the trick Is bud light ok suggestions? Sam Adams? I'll put the stove in the truck tomorrow afternoon

Not that hard just lift it with the backhoe drive under and lower it in I will up date where we will meet tonight
directions for you. head to the Patriots stadium. If just you We can meet at my house and then drive over about 6 miles away

Don't count me out yet! Still don't have everything completely nailed down... hopefully I'll be able to make it.

OK... Should be all set to travel on Saturday. Elk..... Bud-lite aint gonna cut it.... Sam Adams is fine, though. If I think of it, I'll see if I can grab some from one of the local breweries for you guys to try out.

Anything else, tool-wise needed?

Channel ABC Boston just called and is going to cover the stove swap out Saturday

This is an embarrasment here people......
We all have busy lives here........
Elk does not have to do this, nor do I....... And Harley "you the man" traveling that far to help, when this is probably your busiest time of the year.
Why are we doing it? I guess we just like to help people in need... not with words behind a screen but actual physical help.
I think we could have alot more people from the Eastern MA area and it's sad to see the lack of effort here...... Just an opinion here guys.....

I'm a pellet guy and have nothing to gain here other than helping people and get an education to the woodburners install...
So where are all the south shore members??????????????
Whatever........... I'm not going to vent anymore..

GVA said:
This is an embarrasment here people......
We all have busy lives here........
Elk does not have to do this, nor do I.
Whatever........... I'm not going to vent anymore..

GVA, I have to wonder how many people even read a thread that says "OK, its this Saturday" as well as how many people even know what is happening (I don't)....

So don't vent - communicate!

Even with planning and prearranging, expecting folks to show up with less than a weeks notice is tough stuff....these days, folks are often booked l o n g in advance....

Again, don't assume that thousands or hundreds or even dozens of people follow every particular thread here...

One good idea is to have the "heads" before the job is set up....that is, if you care about having a certain number.

Hey, good luck with the install. Let us know about the news report(s) etc.

This has been known for a while what Elk was doing, and had numerous posts about it. 90% of the people that read those know what this post was about..

GVA said:
This has been known for a while what Elk was doing, and had numerous posts about it. 90% of the people that read those know what this post was about..

Well..... I didn't know myself. It's natural to think everyone is always on the same wavelength. But they are not.

Of course I knew Elk wanted to do that and that....over time. But I didn't know and still don't know what is going on this Sat. - I don't read every post here nor even close to every topic.

My wife is always talking about "they know this" and they know that" and I'm always asking "Who are they?". When you whittle it down to the 20-50 people who spend a lot of time here (thousands of others research or are occasionally on) - then you take out the folks who are over 100 miles away....well, it ends up being who you can count on one hand.

Just my opinion, anyway. It's a big country!

Maybe in the future we can tie this in with a google calendar or have an announcement thread about "current volunteer requests" etc. so those who are interested up can stay up-to-date.

First of all this is the stove that members got together and purchased from home depot a month and a half back. This is the stove, that forum members helped with the media invitation
This stove installation was to be connected with the message, all that is right with burning. EPA II stove is replacing a 70's smoke dragon. To a family that never could find it in their budget to do so. The guy is an electrician working for a company with 2 small children doing ok. Not as desperate like Corie receivers. The Emphasis is leadership by example other wood burners combining their efforts to promote clean burning practices. Also Biologs are going to present to provide examples of cleaner burning , possibly Urban burning.

It is my hope if successful , ABC national affiliate news shows pick up the story. There have been post where I talked to Katie Couric discussing this message and install. The press release went to the governor's office our fed reps and senators ABC NBC and CBS NY ,Boston Globe the Herald About the only news outlet I miss was Radio...
This Installation has been well publicize..

Craig,Corie and Mike Pm me there is a little more brewing that could come to fruition. .. BTW Channel 5 is the #1 news station in Boston.

Key did you talk to Channel 7 should I give you a call tonight?

GVA its ok Harley is comming More beer for us after the media leaves I talked to harley on the Phone earlier y do you need my cell # I will PM you it

Someone should link the first post here to the other earlier threads concerning this - I knew nothing about this particular stove although I remember hearing about cheap stoves at HD that folks were interested in. I get confused with all these various stoves headed this direction and that.

Must be because I had RENO on the mind, and now taxes.

Hopefully the press will have interest. They always want a "hook" that is about 5 seconds to catch the users attention. I can imagine one like "Local woodburners help cut the smoke" or something like that.....

I kept saying to keep me posted, but I've been busy the last few days, and hadn't been reading the board IN DETAIL, just those threads that I was subscribed to... So this is the first I'd heard about it being this weekend! I knew that Elk was in the planning stages, but no details on when...

Starting a new thread instead of bumping an old one, kept people who were subscribed to the old one from seeing that more had been posted on the topic in e-mail (I USE the "new message notification feature...)

Not sending those who had expressed interest in attending a PM kept them from getting an e-mail notice about it, or even seeing that they had a new message at the top of the posts. (I check this daily, or close to it)

IOW, even though I was very interested, this is the FIRST I'd heard of it... The way it was posted IS part of the problem.... [rant mode off]

So please, count me in, probably with GF in tow as moral support (she isn't much for lifting) and send a more definite meeting time / location or a private message...

Gooserider

goose part of the problem was linning up the Media I will not know till Saturday who will show . the address was posted well before last week.

late now I will Pm you my cell # in the morning

elkimmeg said:
goose part of the problem was linning up the Media I will not know till Saturday who will show . the address was posted well before last week.

late now I will Pm you my cell # in the morning

OK, will watch for it...

BTW, let us know if there are any particularly useful "implements of destruction" it would be helpful to bring. Also we have a mini-van, so if there is someone between our area and the meeting spot that needs a ride, we probably could help out...

Will bring at least one bottle of mead to share once the ladder and power tool work is done.

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.