OK kiddies, what did santa bring you?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Minister of Fire
Dec 22, 2008
Schoharie County, N Y
I got snow shoes, a scanner (Redneck radio!), and aFisrars x27 which is B/O :long:

I must have been realllllllllllly good. Santa brought me a DeWalt 20v lithium Ion cordless tool set.

jharkin said:
I must have been realllllllllllly good. Santa brought me a DeWalt 20v lithium Ion cordless tool set.

Are those the small ones? They are really cool!

I made cinnamon rolls for my wife and I and then hot tubbed.

firefighterjake said:
I made cinnamon rolls for my wife and I and then hot tubbed.

Sourdough french toast... and bacon. That's like a hot tub, but with BACON.

Oh, yeah... and a Cook's Illustrated cookbook (my passion), a Nat Geo Food Trips book, and a whole mess of warm fuzzies.

Mrs. Blue got a Kindle, Ugg boots, and a case that makes her phone look like a Tardis. :)

Got a Killowatt meter...than damn blower on my insert cost me 3 cents so far today :lol:

I got a new thermometer for the fire view.
He is a sable colored German Shepard
ry=400

gmule said:
I got a new thermometer for the fire view.
He is a sable colored German Shepard
ry=400

Too cute!!!

Nothing. A lump of coal would have been nice.

LLigetfa said:
Nothing. A lump of coal would have been nice.

Only if you have a coal stove though. :)

I think Santa has known for awhile that Mrs loon needed new appliances and a Water softener :p

but i would of been happier with gmule's new pup :lol:

loon

DSC00001-1.jpg

I received a few shirts/ties, a coat, and a couple of video games. 14 hours of Hard Reset already, you ask? Yeah, Christmas Eve was wonderful. After the wife went to sleep, I had an all-nighter playing this, with the fire in the background and the dog on my feet.

Wife and I bought each other a 42" VIZIO H.D. Flat screen T.V. Finally broke down and bought one. Wal-Mart had a good price before Christmas. Kids got me a pair of flannel lined jeans from L.L. Bean. (Nice for any work outdoors in the winter, especially cutting wood!) Now I have two pair. And they got me two new shirts. Then the in-laws got me an ACURITE Wireless Weather Station! Pretty cool thing. Indoor and outdoor temps, with low and high temps for the day, time and date, and a forecast for the next 12-24 hours. Pretty slick. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

1 extra Husqvarna 28" .050 gauge Full Chisel chain
few pair 3M corded earplugs
heavy weight grey socks
blaze orange Carhartt stocking cap
blaze orange insulated game vest (I'll use the pockets for ear plugs,a wedge or two & some energy bars :coolgrin: )
8oz chunk Hungarian Paprika salame
couple 5 oz milk chocolate w/ hazelnut bars
26oz German Stollen (traditional Christmas bread/cake with dried fruit & chopped nuts)

Jack Straw said:
jharkin said:

Are those the small ones? They are really cool!

These are the big ones. Replacement for the old 18v but with a slide out style battery. My old hand me down cordless set gave up and I wanted the heavy duty stuff.

In light of Santas generosity I got her the nook e-reader she wanted :)

I got a new digital police scanner. I can finally listen to the county police/fire and highway patrol again!

-SF

Wife and I opted to not spend anything on each other, after spending a bunch this fall already......

Attachments

• 2011-12-13_16-40-10_831.jpg
    2011-12-13_16-40-10_831.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 380
Gmule ... adorable pup. We had one when I was a kid, great dog :)

So glad I got a new hearth rug, and Murphy got a new bed ;-P

Newrug2.jpg

The early christmas present was the entire woodstove set up. We agreed to not spend any money on each other although when we sold the electric fireplace, we needed a tv stand, so got one that is real nice, 70% off, and grabbed it. (pictured to the right). our son will be home on monday, so it will be christmas all over again. Cheers!

2011-12-25154630.jpg

Remote controlled Helicopter! (I'm 32 going on 12) HAHA

At current count, its been stuck in trees twice and on a roof once! (may have something to do with the amount of beer consumed!) Awesome fun!

DAKSY said:
Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
So glad I got a new hearth rug, and Murphy got a new bed ;-P
Newrug2.jpg

So THAT'S what a Murphy Bed looks like!

LOL @ bob :)

He's still peeing, too, which is awesome :p

ashthree said:
Remote controlled Helicopter! (I'm 32 going on 12) HAHA

At current count, its been stuck in trees twice and on a roof once! (may have something to do with the amount of beer consumed!) Awesome fun!

:lol:

sounds like fun for sure :cheese:

loon

Santa brought me my first overnite burn!!! Got up this morning and there were still embers (8pm - 6am), threw in some kindling and it caught! Boy was I excited (it takes so little :p ). Also got a scarab ring, entire 9 seasons of Prime Suspect (British version), and the new Sherlock Holmes book from hubby. My mother got me some antiques - 18th c. wrought iron trivet and a blue transferware sugar bowl as well as a shirt. Best gift, tho, was from WS, love my Progress more every day!

Status
Not open for further replies.