OK...now I'm happy..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wood-fan-atic

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Long Island, NY
Thanks to you all....Ive decided to graduate to 'MAN-SIZE-TOOLS' :coolsmirk: 22 ton Huskee last week, Stihl ms290 today(had to), and with the trailer I rented for $25 for a day and a half, I'll be stacked in no time(well,the rounds will be ,anyway). Ive always had a hard time 'jumping off the bridge' and making big purchases, but you guys are right, I really need the right tools for the job. This is too big a scrounge to take on with my Ranger and an old saw. Thanks ,all - for showing me the light. :cheese:

Attachments

• hunt_pile2[1].jpg
    hunt_pile2[1].jpg
    25 KB · Views: 365
  • hunt_pile3[1].jpg
    hunt_pile3[1].jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 377
  • hunt_pile[2].jpg
    hunt_pile[2].jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 369
wood-fan-atic said:
Thanks to you all....Ive decided to graduate to 'MAN-SIZE-TOOLS' :coolsmirk: 22 ton Huskee last week, Stihl ms290 today(had to), and with the trailer I rented for $25 for a day and a half, I'll be stacked in no time(well,the rounds will be ,anyway). Ive always had a hard time 'jumping off the bridge' and making big purchases, but you guys are right, I really need the right tools for the job. This is too big a scrounge to take on with my Ranger and an old saw. Thanks ,all - for showing me the light. :cheese:

Good Score!

Nice load of wood. Its hard to come around but once you do you wonder how you ever managed without the "big tools"

Jeff

Nice score man. It's the tools that separate the men from the boyz....

Clarkbar2311 said:
Nice score man. It's the tools that separate the men from the boyz....

The eger beaver you have (Are you still using it?), I got one for x-mass back in the late 70's was the best x-mass gift ever. Before that saw I was running a lombard. It was state of the art at that Time.

wood-fan-atic said:
Norway or ash?

All ash,baby. :cheese:

Nice!!! Congrats on the saw!

Yeh the eager beaver works great for the really little stuff. It's a good machine just small.

Yes, all ash and very little evidence of EAB damage.

We still have some 6 year old ash in the stack. Burns like a charm!

Nice score, there! And regarding the new equipment, my dad always said "A good tool pays for itself."
Good going.

Status
Not open for further replies.