Ok now what?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tommy24a

Dec 12, 2010
PA
Ok, I have totally cleaned my 2003 PDVC Englander stove by taking both blowers off (after doinf leaf blower trick) and replaced both gaskets . I also replaced door gasket as well as the hopper gasket. It just does not seem to be heating all that hot. It must be the pellets (PAPELLETS) that I have....I cannot thing of anything else....other years it heated very well..but this year it does not. How hot should the blower air be? I can put my hand 1" away from where it comes out of the stove and keep it there forever. I am open to all comments and suggestions? Thanks guys!

PA Pellets arent so great. I would go buy a pellet that, after searching this forum, has a reputation for being good quality. Try a few bags and see if you notice a difference.

any chance you've been exposed to cosmic radiation that could have given you super human ability to tolerate heat? if not, then I'm with Frank. ;-)

Is your blankety blank impingement plate in place correctly?

What settings are you running it at?

My vote is for the cosmic radiation....

imacman said:
krooser said:
My vote is for the cosmic radiation....

Gee, I never would have guessed that! :roll:
:lol: :lol:

I use that for an excuse all the time...the wife never buys it...

Status
Not open for further replies.