1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

OK, up to 7 full cords and a face cord...

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by burntime, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burntime

burntime New Member

Loc:
    C'mon hunting season!
    And I need to set out more pallets to stack! I will be around 9-10 in a month or so if I keep splitting! Nice to get ahead for a change!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana
    Shrinkage is coming!lol I can see my piles getting smaller day by day. Congrats on the 7 cords thats alot of work.
  3. northwinds

northwinds Minister of Fire

Loc:
    south central WI
    You're doing good just working in this heat. I put my chain saw away for awhile.
  4. LLigetfa

LLigetfa Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    Without pics it's only hearsay.
  5. burntime

burntime New Member

Loc:
    C'mon hunting season!
    I will snap a pic tonight. Its waaaayyyyyyyyy too much work to be hearsay :lol:
  6. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    That's nice burntime. You no doubt know now one of the reasons we try to get done by May 1 if possible. It is much more comfortable working conditions then.
  7. burntime

burntime New Member

Loc:
    C'mon hunting season!
    I actually have been burning wood for 25 years from 14 on up. Just with 2 small kids I get at it when I can find the time... Heres the pic I promised. Each pile is 5.5 ft or better and 16 ft long. In case the pic is not resized well, there are rows on pallets... Saddly I have yet to aquire the journeyman skills of the expert wood stacker!!! :p

Attached Files:

8. LLigetfa

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    What part of Wisconsin are you in? I'm just two hours away from Duluth/Superior. I could give you some free tutelage in the art of stacking. %-P

Backwoods Savage might be closer to you and stacks a pretty nice pile too (or maybe his wife does). Highbeam might edge him out but he's further away.
  9. burntime

burntime New Member

Loc:
    C'mon hunting season!
    I am actually in a suburb of Milwaukee...the next county west in Waukesha. Any help is appreciated. Maybe you guys could all show up in about 30 days when I have another 2-3 cords to stack :)
  10. LLigetfa

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    LOL

Actually, I was thinking you could come here. I've got ten cord that needs to get stacked in the shed. I'll supply the beer.
  11. burntime

burntime New Member

Loc:
    C'mon hunting season!
    Leinenkugels may interest me :) Saddly I try but I lack the true expertise of over indulgence of beer drinking as well. Not to say I don't try from time to time :)
  12. LLigetfa

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    Back when I was a teen (I looked older and never got carded in bars), drinking beer with some friends in Duluth, they got to bragging how they can drink a whole case. Now, American beer has less alcohol and their case is just a 12 pack. Canadian beer is stronger and comes 24 to the case. Anyway, I challenged them to come to Canada and I'd show them what real beer drinking was. We packed into their Volvo and drove to Thunder Bay where I drank them all under the table.

Since I was the only one that wasn't passed out, I stuffed them back into their car and proceeded to drive them back to Duluth. When I got the the US border, they refused to let me cross (I was obviously drunk) so I turned around to head back to Canada but the Canadian border guard wouldn't let me take them and their car into Canada. I had to drag the car owner out of the back seat and slap him around to wake up and we parted company. I had to curl up in the ditch to sleep until daylight and then thumb a ride home.
  13. burntime

burntime New Member

Loc:
    C'mon hunting season!
    My personal best is snapping a rear axle and havine the wheel pass us up on the way home from the bar, proceeding to try and drive a bulldozer home and getting it stuck, then hitching a ride home and getting dropped off by a bunch of strippers. Ahhh, thoses were the days! :) Ok, well its all true except the strippers part, but the concept works after reading LLigetfa's story :lol:
  14. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    Leinenkugels has some great beer. I live about 3 miles away from the brewery and have toured it many times. They also have a welcome center where they serve you a couple free samples.
  15. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    I've had similar situations with people drinking my home brew. I had one work mate over to show him how to brew mead who also has a reputation as a big drinker, and after 2 hours of mead drinking he was passed out in my back yard.
  16. burntime

burntime New Member

Loc:
    C'mon hunting season!
    I hear mead is potent. Never tried it. If I want a real kick I switch to knob creek burbon. Smooooooth!!!
  17. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    Let me know if your ever up this way and I'll turn you on to some mead and take you on a tour of the brewery.
  18. burntime

burntime New Member

Loc:
    C'mon hunting season!
    Sounds good! I am always up for good beer! :)
  19. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Well heck, ya got Mader's right down town. And I KNOW they got good beer.
  20. blades

blades Minister of Fire

Loc:
    WI, Milw
    Mader's, you will go broke before you get plastered. Always enjoy having dinner there though on occasion
  21. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Okay LLigetfa, my wife saw this post and said I had to answer it. She says there is no way in **!# she is going to stack all that wood or any of it. Seems she can't satisfy me. Gee, I didn't realize I was that particular.
  22. burntime

burntime New Member

Loc:
    C'mon hunting season!
    Wow. I walked past my maple piles, they are already cracking and checking! This week has been a light breeze and 90 plus degrees! I expected it to dry some but wow! Of course the pieces are still pretty heavy but wow, it may just be ready by October...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.