OK was at BJ and guess what they had for 4.99 per bag???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickyrick

Feeling the Heat
Oct 23, 2009
Western MA/ Eastern NY
OK I have been testing pellets like crazy. Not as much as others here but trying what is available and was in BJs and they had Oakies for $5 a bag. I got two bags to try out as soon as the stove is empty.

Here are some important questions:

should I Kneel and prostrate myself before the sealed bag or after I dump them in?

I have been running lots of green team (getting 190 degree air out of the exchanger) which have actually run the hottest pellet to date. Should I be ready to make adjustments with these Oakies?

If I dump in tonight that will run the night and while I'm at work which will not be fair to test if I do not adjust for temps etc

Should I just shut up, save time, than BTU now and go get a ton as a Christmas present?

Thanks

Seriously is there anything I should expect, some of these pellets have been messier than others and it two cases Penningtons and Maine woods I had to seriously turn the stove up to get the place warm enough?

You are right there you go. Sorry didn't se the signatures till now

Status
Not open for further replies.