Ok who was it on 287 in NJ today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gzecc

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2008
NNJ
I passed a jeep with a trailer and a about a face cord of what looked like oak branches in 18" lengths. Was it one of you guys?
If it was, thats my area! STAY AWAY!

My guess is yes, if not we have a raving lunatic with a severe case of wood envy on or near hwy 287. Harvest with caution! :lol:

Its just like the guys that come into NJ from NY and PA. They come here to take our resources, be it our jobs or wood, then they go back across the border. They are the first ones to complain about NJ. You interlopers can have the oak and the pine, leave the rest for me! You guys need to lighten up.

gzecc said:
Its just like the guys that come into NJ from NY and PA. They come here to take our resources, be it our jobs or wood, then they go back across the border. They are the first ones to complain about NJ. You interlopers can have the oak and the pine, leave the rest for me! You guys need to lighten up.

You just described me! I was born and raised in PA. I live on the eastern border along the Delaware river. I work in NJ, vacation at the shore and scrounge most of my wood there. Great state, but I wouldn't want to live in it! My area has been infiltrated with ex-Jersey residents. They seem very happy to have gotten out before the housing market tanked. If you like it, great! Stay in Jersey. I don't complain about NJ, I just take what I can get and go back to PA with a smile on my face!

By the way I scrounged four cord of black walnut from Warren County NJ this past spring.

We're a border town and have a lot of Americans that own camps on the lake. One day I was waiting in line at the border and saw a pickup way ahead of me loaded with firewood. Before I got through the line, I saw the same pickup heading back the other way, still loaded so I'm guessing the border guards refused him entry with the wood.

The Americans won't let me take an orange across but expect to be able to take a truckload of wood across?

Your right, some rules are just plain stupid. Its firewood... Unless there is a rampant disease why limit its crossing?

burntime said:
Your right, some rules are just plain stupid.
It's an orange. I am very far North of Florida and don't plan to ship the orange there.

gzecc said:
I passed a jeep with a trailer and a about a face cord of what looked like oak branches in 18" lengths. Was it one of you guys?
If it was, thats my area! STAY AWAY!

I didn't know we were limited to territories!!

If this is the case I'm claiming the eastern seaboard!

I have to assume Gzecc is not serious.

I claim any state, county, providence, city, town, or parcel spelled with a vowel in its spelling! :lol:

burntime said:
I claim any state, county, providence, city, town, or parcel spelled with a vowel in its spelling! :lol:
Providence, huh? I don't think so. That's my town, and you'll find me tailing the Public Works chipper truck after every windstorm. If you want that scrounge, we'll have to throw down with a chaisaw duel...

Heck Holloween is near, lets do it WITH the saws! ;-)

I ABSOLUTELY love this forum-LMAO

burntime said:
Heck Holloween is near, lets do it WITH the saws! ;-)
Shall we meet in Texas?

leatherface-758518.jpg

What the heck was that? I think I just used my monthly download allotment on that image!

Flatbedford said:
What the heck was that? I think I just used my monthly download allotment on that image!
Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Status
Not open for further replies.