Ok wood experts, how many cords would you say this is?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think relax is part of the vocabulary for most on here Scotty - even those of us beyond 3yrs ahead. Maybe a little "less obsessed" would be a better term :)

Totally agree! :)

Ok just went out and measured. Its 34 feet long, 4 feet high and 5 feet deep. It comes out to 5.3 cords. I really didn't think there was that much out there

How long are your splits? If they are around 16" then that would put you at 4.25, the rest of the space in the three rows deep would be air space. Unless your splits are longer then you would have more. Should be enough for a year in most houses. Great stacks!

How long are your splits? If they are around 16" then that would put you at 4.25, the rest of the space in the three rows deep would be air space. Unless your splits are longer then you would have more. Should be enough for a year in most houses. Great stacks!
Some are 14 to 16 inches and some are longer. I sure hope its enough. This liberty has a healthy appetite for wood

Status
Not open for further replies.