Okanagan in Connecticut

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GenghisJon

Nov 9, 2009
Middletown, CT
Went to BT to get some bags of these but they would only sell them by the pallet.

I've never burned them before so I don't want to buy a ton just yet.

Does anyone know of where I can buy these by the bag in central CT?

Thanks

I was told that this place sells them and because of there limited hours, I will be going there on Thursday on my way home from work to see if I can pick up a couple of bags. I have heard some not so nice things about them like they don't return phone calls and such. If you would like I can post to this thread on Thursday after I get home or I can send you a PM.

http://www.cjspellets.com/Home/Locations

there's a gas station before BT on the road where ESPN is located that I think has them by the bags.

Marbleguy said:
I was told that this place sells them and because of there limited hours, I will be going there on Thursday on my way home from work to see if I can pick up a couple of bags. I have heard some not so nice things about them like they don't return phone calls and such. If you would like I can post to this thread on Thursday after I get home or I can send you a PM.

http://www.cjspellets.com/Home/Locations

I would much appreciate it if you would! Price too if you don't mind.

GenghisJon said:
geek said:
there's a gas station before BT on the road where ESPN is located that I think has them by the bags.

Really, Okanagans?

Any idea how much?

Any more info on which gas station this is would be appreciated.

there was a post that BTU mentioned their name, try searching or wait for BTU to look it up for ya, he knows....

They burn really well. Problem here in Ontario is that even though they are good, and are a product made here in canada, the only source for them is a TSC store about an hours drive from here and they are soaking everybody @ the rate of $6.99 a bag. Amazing how our wood products make it all the way to the states in huge numbers @ really good pricing and we get soaked here. Free Trade has been a real Kick in the Ass for us, especially our forest industry. Hope you yankees are enjoying the cheap ride.

I'm surprised at the post about CJs pellets and possibly some negative things about them. I've stopped by there twice on Saturdays to pick up different bags of pellets to try. They charged me $6 a bag and were really nice. I was thinking of going with them for pellets next year, assuming they have the selection they have this year. So far I've purchased Okies, Hamer Hot Ones, and Turman from them to try. Charged me $6 a bag each time.

I sent an email to CJ's and got this reply...

"Yes, Okanagan pellets are available by the bag in both of our locations. The price per bag is $5.75 (current price/65 = price)"

newf lover said:
I'm surprised at the post about CJs pellets and possibly some negative things about them. I've stopped by there twice on Saturdays to pick up different bags of pellets to try. They charged me $6 a bag and were really nice. I was thinking of going with them for pellets next year, assuming they have the selection they have this year. So far I've purchased Okies, Hamer Hot Ones, and Turman from them to try. Charged me $6 a bag each time.

As I sort of expected. There web site clearly states that they are open from 3:00P.M. until 7:00P.M. on Thursdays. Well I stopped there on my way home from work today around 3:50 and found the door lock up tighter than a frogs as_. And we all know that that is water tight. Guess that the IT budget had to be cut because they aren't doing so good of a business. Wonder Whly? Have to look to another supplier I guess.

BT has them by the bag, got a couple today to test...

I guess I stopped by on the right day! That's too bad. The brands of pellets they carry are really good, but it won't do any good if they aren't opened when they say they will be. That's very stupid on their part since there are so many suppliers out there now, people won't go back, they'll just find someone else to buy from.

Went back to CJ's this morning to pick up some Okies to test burn. They were opened and I purchased 4 bags. They charged me $5.50 a bag. Guess the price is still coming down as I just read that someone e-mailed them and they got a price of $5.75 a bag. Should be able to put the first bag in sometime Sunday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.