Okanagan, Mt Vernon AE and flame height

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks Maglite. yeah could never get flame height right on manual THANKS, now i know why. You ever burn hardwoods what are your settings there? What are your feelings on burning on auto with set temp higher than normal to ensure stove doesnt start to back down too early?

pelletkrzd said:
thanks Maglite. yeah could never get flame height right on manual THANKS, now i know why. You ever burn hardwoods what are your settings there? What are your feelings on burning on auto with set temp higher than normal to ensure stove doesnt start to back down too early?

On auto your stove will speed up starting from low to whatever setting your getting close to when satisfying room temp then the stove will slow down not to over shoot room temp alot of times (my t-stat is 30 feet from my stove) the stove slows down then has to ramp back up then ramps down then back up to get to that perfect 72 degrees. During this time you waste pellets if you don't care about that perfect 72 degrees. I run my stove on manual high, hardwood, temp differential of 2 degrees and normal alt. What I just did was force the stove to run on high all the time. I burn less pellets because I get to room temp faster. Hardwood adds more air. The temp of 2 degrees gives the stove time to get to a high burn and also not fire the ignitor on a hot stove that just went through auto clean and the stove rarely is really cold. my stove shuts off at 72 and is at about 72.5 when the blower shuts off.

At 30 degrees outside I burn 1/4 less a day so about a 3/4 - 1 bag and when it's -10 out I burn 3/4 to a bag less or around 1 3/4 - 2 bags. depends on wind.

pelletkrzd said:

Check my last post.

We switched the two AE's we have over to High Elevation and noticed huge increase the flame went from lazy and black to quick and blue with no black build up.

try running it on hardwood manual. To much air can cause problems also and thats what your doing with the high elevation.

Status
Not open for further replies.