Okanagan or vermont wood pellet?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the reference. I liked his posts because they gave me a few ideas about how the pellet business operates and what brands might work for me. (I started out assuming that pellets were generic, entirely a commodity with no differences except price.) Too bad things turned out the way they did.

P.S. I had better keep up with your research and brand testing. :)

I am venturing into the world of a pellets after installing a Lopi AGP insert in March. I have some questions and could use advice. looking to order 4 tons for the winter. The prices you all are quoting seem higher than in southern Maine. Also, a friend swears by Cubex pellets - but I they are hardwood and I thought the idea was to burn softwood. The dealer here is out of Vermont - so not an option (Southern Maine Renewable Fuels). We also have a Jotul Firelight wood stove on the other side of the house - but too much glass and house too big to heat it all. The addition of the pellet stove brought warmth to that side of the house and I burn low all night and furnace never kicked on as normal with just the wood stove on low. Interested in thoughts and information.

Pam

Status
Not open for further replies.