okanagan pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shelbylul

Jan 2, 2010
L.I. New York
I'm traveling from Long Island to Lee MA. at the end of May and I was wondering if anyone knew of a place along the way or near Lee that I can buy some okanagan pellets. Since we can't get them here on Long Island I figured as long as I'm going up there anyway, I would grab as many bags as my minivan can handle

Thanks, Bill

Harman Accentra insert,08/09 install

I would hope there was a place closer to NYC that sells the Okies. Filling a minivan and driving them from Lee MA to Long Island NY doesn't seem like it's a good idea, unless you only planned on 10-20 bags or so. BTU is the resident expert so to speak on the Okanagans. Perhaps he'll know a dealer closer than Lee to you.

whats your route? if youre coming up 84 I can think of a few spots.....

There is a place in Westchester County about 10 miles off of the 684 exit 6 Rt 35/202, they have the okies but the are $$$$$

84 in ct has a place called bt enterprise that sells them for 250.00 a ton

I get mine in BJs and I believe there is one going in to Lenox this summer. I get mine in albamy as they are closer but if they have them at the new BJs I'll get them there as my parents live over there.

Okies have made it to Long Island. This is confirmed through BTU as well. They are being sold out of Bravo Window and Door in Copiage 631-532-6300. They are going for $285 per ton. These guys are really nice. I tried a few brands of what they had a few years ago and I wasn't impressed and I told the owner I would put the Okies distributor BTU in contact with him and the owner knew he needed to get a higher end product to be successful. I would use them again it's unfortunate I am already stocked for the season. Not to say I might slip an extra ton into the mix since Okies are great. Look on craigslist as well.

Regencyinsert2004 said:
I hear Okiesn burn hot. But do they burn faster because they are soft wood?
No...

Trickyrick said:
I get mine in BJs and I believe there is one going in to Lenox this summer. I get mine in albamy as they are closer but if they have them at the new BJs I'll get them there as my parents live over there.

According to BTU, BJ's won't be carrying Okies. In fact, I think he said BJ's is getting out of the wood pellet business all together.

I'm right off I-91, Bloomfield, CT exit and we carry Okanagan's, i'd be more than happy to fill your mini van to the roof ,maybe some on the roof too lol just stop by and will load ya right up!

Tri-State Pellets said:
I'm right off I-91, Bloomfield, CT exit and we carry Okanagan's, i'd be more than happy to fill your mini van to the roof ,maybe some on the roof too lol just stop by and will load ya right up!

How many minutes are you from enfield?

iceman said:
Tri-State Pellets said:

How many minutes are you from enfield?

We are about 15 minutes from enfield via highway

short answer...NO.

I just said that because I thought rhag1128 might have been looking at an old price. I would have figured out to call the place! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.