Okanagan Platinums

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DOLLARBILL

Feeling the Heat
Just picked up a metric ton of these was very displeased with the packaging holes in the bags, and from the looks of things lots of sawdust in the Bags! picked up a ton of the Golds two weeks ago they were perfect ! Hope these Platinums burn better than they look ! Talk about Disappointing!

Just picked up a metric ton of these was very displeased with the packaging holes in the bags, and from the looks of things lots of sawdust in the Bags! picked up a ton of the Golds two weeks ago they were perfect ! Hope these Platinums burn better than they look ! Talk about Disappointing!
I burned some of the Platinums last year at a premium price, same thing a lot of fines though the bags were ok. They burned ok and hot but fast. LG are just as good IMO and locally they are less expensive. To me LaCrete was better than either one but they all in about the same class. Just sayin.

Ive burned platinums exclusively for years and love them. I switched up to DF this year due to limited supplies of platinums. I do have a few bags left over from last year Im still burning before I open the DFs.

Wow, surprised to hear a complaint about holes in the bags? I have a ton of each kind and the bags on all of them are some of the most durable I've seen. Are you saying the bags are ripped, or is the issue with the breather holes? My platinums look like they have a fair amount of fines too, but I haven't tried to burn any yet so I won't know what it really looks like in there until I dump the first bag in the hopper. It will be a couple months before I get to them.

Holes in a pellet bag is nothing a bit of tape cant fix.

Reactions: alternativeheat
Wow, surprised to hear a complaint about holes in the bags? I have a ton of each kind and the bags on all of them are some of the most durable I've seen. Are you saying the bags are ripped, or is the issue with the breather holes? My platinums look like they have a fair amount of fines too, but I haven't tried to burn any yet so I won't know what it really looks like in there until I dump the first bag in the hopper. It will be a couple months before I get to them.
Maybe from the breather holes but large enough for the product to fall out of the Bag !

Status
Not open for further replies.