Okanagan......what a difference!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if Okanagan pellets are available in the Philadelphia area?

john193 said:
Anyone know if Okanagan pellets are available in the Philadelphia area?

Send a PM to forum member "BTU" with your zip code. He can tell you.

Do you have a BJ's wholesale club near you? A lot of them sell the Okies.

hey guys im looking into a pellet stove and saw the talk about okinagan pellets are they available here in southern cal if so where and thanks this is a great site!!

oh by the way guys if i dont buy my neighbors pellet stove im leaning towards a harman p68 id like to know your thoughts about it good or bad thanks again

Pellet-King said:
I too bought from Squier Sat, they said at the time they had 120 1.3 ton pallets, if they dont sell them by april they will be on sale even lower i'm sure.
8 Tons?, delivered?

Yes delivered - about 22 miles from my house - $1775.00 total. Comes to $227.56 a ton delivered so I stocked up my garage as much as possible

treehackers said:
Pellet-King said:
I too bought from Squier Sat, they said at the time they had 120 1.3 ton pallets, if they dont sell them by april they will be on sale even lower i'm sure.
8 Tons?, delivered?

Yes delivered - about 22 miles from my house - $1775.00 total. Comes to $227.56 a ton delivered so I stocked up my garage as much as possible

Wow!, fulltime job feeding and maintaining themn stoves, i'd burn oil/gas before i went thru all that expense, unless you got them cheap or free.

I live in Dubuque Iowa. We are located in east Iowa, right on the Wisconsin and illinois border. I want to buy a few bags of these Okie's. Anybody in my area know where they sell these Pellets? Thanks for the help,
Tom

I live in Dubuque Iowa, does anybody know if they sell the Okanagan Pellets in our area. Iowa, Wisc., Ill., or Minnesota?

We have been retailing Okies for a year - the new batches are even hotter than last year. Customers are very impressed with the heat. Most people say - " The hottest pellet they have ever burned"

Okies are the absolute best. I buy mines at Home & Hearth in Courtland Manor NY. regular customer now..lol
I also agree that the Cubex burns just as hot and if you happen to have both Cubex and Okies, try mixing them. The heat is efing incredible!
I also have bags of New England, although good their not as good as the other two. Save the Okies for the really cold days. And the Barefoot pellets were hot but burned way too fast despite adjusting the pellet rate.

hav e a new englander 25 pdv on its way.i'm in boston area and was wondering if oakies are available around here.they sound like the best thing since sliced bread.have some green team in the basement but would love to try some oakies

Anyone know if they are available on Long Island?

drekick1 said:
Anyone know if they are available on Long Island?

If you have a BJ's Wholesale club near you call them. Or send a PM to BTU and give him your zip code...he can tell you the nearest place.

I got a couple of bags of Okies. I'm gonna save em until we have a blizzard and see how warm I can get the house. After all I've heard about these things I hope there is something more than just a lump of smouldering steel where my 6039i was. :eek:hh: :ahhh:

Schoondog

HEMI, what have you started.....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.