Okanagan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GeorgeFoster said:
hello, all....long time lurker, first time poster!

Okanagan pellets.........found a price of $219/ton in Monson, MA......thats central Massachusetts......too good to be true, or not? I see its quite abit lower than alot of the prices here....anyone know anything (outfit is Squier Lumber in Monson)?

Thanks,
George

hey george where are you from???

just curious as monson is really still part of western mass, hampden county although it is very close to being in worcestor cty

jtakeman said:
macman said:
jtakeman said:
If I had the room, I would also be traveling for some of them. But still no way to stuff anymore in the basement........

Awww, c'mon Jay, there's ALWAYS room for more.....kitchen cabinets, clothes closets, inside the washer & dryer, in the dishwasher, under the dining room table, under the bed, etc, etc.....BE CREATIVE!!! ;-P

And that extra garage space you have? :lol:

Well, some of us are just lucky......"OK driver, back that big rig in here and unload those 20 tons right in that EMPTY end bay" ;-)

macman said:
jtakeman said:
macman said:
jtakeman said:
If I had the room, I would also be traveling for some of them. But still no way to stuff anymore in the basement........

Awww, c'mon Jay, there's ALWAYS room for more.....kitchen cabinets, clothes closets, inside the washer & dryer, in the dishwasher, under the dining room table, under the bed, etc, etc.....BE CREATIVE!!! ;-P

And that extra garage space you have? :lol:

Well, some of us are just lucky......"OK driver, back that big rig in here and unload those 20 tons right in that EMPTY end bay" ;-)

macman's corner pellet store, Got a nice ring to it brother! I would buy from you no problems.

mnkywrnch said:
treehackers said:
GeorgeFoster said:
gottahavvitt said:
I just talked to the nice lady over there and it seems they have a lot available. She also told me that they will hold them for 30 days and you can pick them up at your convenience.
I am hooking up the trailer and heading over there.

yes, the big black "OK" means its been restacked by them

I just called also - buying 6 1.3 ton skids ASAP!

$219.00 per 1.3 ton pallet x 6 (7.8 tons) = $1314.00
Delivery = $70

$1384.00 total for 7.8 tons delivered

$177.44 PER TON!
I think it's $219 per ton .1.3 tons would be $284.70 so for 7.8 ton it would be $1708.20 or $219 per ton.

Yep - I just checked with them, $1773.20 total for 7.8 tons delivered. $227.33 per ton delivered.

Still a good deal! I just bought 6 - 1.3 ton pallets and will store them in the garage. ~Oink

treehackers said:
mnkywrnch said:
treehackers said:
GeorgeFoster said:
gottahavvitt said:
I just talked to the nice lady over there and it seems they have a lot available. She also told me that they will hold them for 30 days and you can pick them up at your convenience.

Delivery = $70

$177.44 PER TON!
I think it's $219 per ton .1.3 tons would be $284.70 so for 7.8 ton it would be $1708.20 or $219 per ton.

Yep - I just checked with them, $1773.20 total for 7.8 tons delivered. $227.33 per ton delivered.

Still a good deal! I just bought 6 - 1.3 ton pallets and will store them in the garage. ~Oink
Absolutely!! $227.33 a ton for okies is a very good deal.

jtakeman said:
iceman said:
mnkywrnch said:
treehackers said:
GeorgeFoster said:
gottahavvitt" date="1259178872 said:

Delivery = $70

$177.44 PER TON!

last time i was there it was 289 skid or 219 ton

iceman,

How do you like them?

i like them they dont have a lotta junk in the bag like some do, they burn very good!!
because all you guys finally realized the price, today when i went to pick up another 25 bags... well lets just say i bought enough to do 25 bag pickups a week for couple of months!! lol they pretty much bought all the distributor could get for them ... and are still buying....BUT they are the nicest people!.. i cant say enough about the people in squier lumber

BTU must be grinning like a cheshire cat right about now :coolsmile:

jtakeman said:
tinkabranc said:

X2 All this attentions has to be getting to him.

x3 i was wondering if he got the big bonus because he has to be responsible (or have some part) in moving a sheeet load of pellets!!! lol
maybe he will set up one of those cards for us so we can always get a "hearth.com" member discount!!!
BUT he has stood by the product and made many of us believers... it is one of the best pellets i have burned

iceman said:
jtakeman said:
tinkabranc said:

X2 All this attentions has to be getting to him.

x3 i was wondering if he got the big bonus because he has to be responsible (or have some part) in moving a sheeet load of pellets!!! lol
maybe he will set up one of those cards for us so we can always get a "hearth.com" member discount!!!
BUT he has stood by the product and made many of us believers... it is one of the best pellets i have burned

I expected him to chime in. Maybe he's spending all the cash in the Islands were its warm? While we stay warm burning them.

It's hilarious that some of you are true pellet pigs...hoarding away 7 tons of pellets here and there..I love it. I just emptied my garage of the 9 tons of Inferno's I had in there (i gave them away with full disclosure). I can't decide whether to restock or take my garage back for its intended purpose. Winter will be over soon. Sure looks big and empty and ready for some type of a project. My wife was elated to use the treadmill again!

Status
Not open for further replies.