Okanagan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smilejamaica

Feeling the Heat
Nov 24, 2008
hartford ct
i just ordered 2 pallets of okies for 650.00 130 bags delivered i live almost an hour away .not bad

That's $250/ton- best price on Okies that I have seen locally. What is the delivery charge or are you going to pick them up?

Smilejamiaca,

That is a good price for Okanagans.

I paid $610 delivered for 2 tons. One pallet and 35 bags.

Ranger

when i was at work today scott from ct pellet called me . told me he had a new pellet and was delivering some near me . i had to buy them to be delivered this friday . so i got two pallets 65 on a pallet for 325.00 a pallet or about 250.00 a ton . delivered to my driveway for that price . i dont even need pellets these will make for a total of 7 tons or just about . well maybe 7&1/2 tons . now im set for 2 winters

as i continue to do deal with these kind people i think more and more i will only buy my pellets from them .

Smilejamica,

Re: "i dont even need pellets these will make for a total of 7 tons or just about . well maybe 7&1/2 tons . now im set for 2 winters
"

Ahhhh . . . . . A true Pellet Pig! Does the soul good. Keep up the good work and MAYBE, if another good deal comes your way, you could find room for a few more bags . . . . . :)

Regards,

Ranger

its a great price but it sounds a little fishy.....they are not even an Okie dealer! They seem to be a Good company with a lot of positive feedback on this site so it makes me wonder?
BTU....???? can you shed some light here? Smilejamaica....did you give them any money yet?

I didn't know CTPellet had Okanagans

just looked at CTPellet website and indeed they now offer Okies and the price is $239/ton, cheapest I've seen......!!!

geek said:
I didn't know CTPellet had Okanagans

Yes, CTPellet is now an Okie dealer. I was told by a little birdie that Scott is trying them out and if sales are good. He will market them. I bet the website will be updated very soon!

smilejamaica said:
i dont even need pellets these will make for a total of 7 tons or just about . well maybe 7&1/2 tons . now im set for 2 winters

smile you are a true pellet pig and you have earned your pig statue. Welcome aboard mr piggie!

Put this in your sig!

Proud member of the Pellet Pig Club….OINK OINK!!
“You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselves” - eernest4- Grand Poobah - Pellet Pig Club

johnnycomelately said:
its a great price but it sounds a little fishy.....they are not even an Okie dealer! They seem to be a Good company with a lot of positive feedback on this site so it makes me wonder?
BTU....???? can you shed some light here? Smilejamaica....did you give them any money yet?
i have bought from them before . they are legit

the old ranger said:
Smilejamica,

Re: "i dont even need pellets these will make for a total of 7 tons or just about . well maybe 7&1/2 tons . now im set for 2 winters
"

Ahhhh . . . . . A true Pellet Pig! Does the soul good. Keep up the good work and MAYBE, if another good deal comes your way, you could find room for a few more bags . . . . . :)

Regards,

Ranger
thats it for pellets for awhile no more room .

smilejamaica said:
johnnycomelately said:

I agree 100% CT Pellet is a good place to deal with. Having CT Pellet and BT Ent. so close to me I am super spoiled with 2 very good places to purchase pellets from. I honestly buy from both to support both places! I just could not choose and feel having both near me is a very good thing!

If you want quality pellets with great service? CT Pellet and BT fuels will take good care of you. Both also carry pellets in a wide price range to serve everyone!

jtakeman said:
smilejamaica said:
johnnycomelately said:

I agree 100% CT Pellet is a good place to deal with. Having CT Pellet and BT Ent. so close to me I am super spoiled with 2 very good places to purchase pellets from. I honestly buy from both to support both places! I just could not choose and feel having both near me is a very good thing!

If you want quality pellets with great service? CT Pellet and BT fuels will take good care of you. Both also carry pellets in a wide price range to serve everyone!
yes we are lucky to have two great places to buy from . did you notice they have Okanagan listed as 100%hardwood on ctpellets site.oops

smilejamaica said:
jtakeman said:
smilejamaica said:
johnnycomelately said:

yes we are lucky to have two great places to buy from . did you notice they have Okanagan listed as 100%hardwood on ctpellets site.oops

Look below the listing and you see the michigan name. I think they just copied the page for the Okies. They will fix it. "Maybe someone(e'mm BTU!) should give them a heads up!"

well got my pellets yesterday

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 592
a pretty picture indeed.strategically placed right outside the window.what a view to wake up to every morning. i'd leave them there a while,at least until the rain comes in

smilejamaica said:
well got my pellets yesterday

2.6 tons of love.. like my buddy's wife!

Got mine 2 weeks ago, you got a better price!

So here I sit eating a little bit of crow this morning as I refer to my previous post regarding CT Pellet. I now do see on their website that they are indeed an Okanagan dealer and that the delivery was made. My bad and I will set it right. But the real Kudos goes to Smilejamaica for a helluva deal. Sweet Cheeses! No offense to CT, it just seemed too good to be true.

johnnycomelately said:
So here I sit eating a little bit of crow this morning as I refer to my previous post regarding CT Pellet. I now do see on their website that they are indeed an Okanagan dealer and that the delivery was made. My bad and I will set it right. But the real Kudos goes to Smilejamaica for a helluva deal. Sweet Cheeses! No offense to CT, it just seemed too good to be true.
it is a good price. thats why i jumped on them .you can pay cod with ctpellets so if you dont trust them you have that option you cant go wrong with them or bt enterprise.

BTU said:
johnnycomelately said:

CT Pellet is a new dealer for us and we have been talking back and forth for a long time. They have never carried a quality softwood pellet before and have decided to take the plunge so to speak. I can't speak for them (or any other of our dealers for that matter) but my guess is that they want to test the waters first to see how the product sells in their market and are working on razor thin margins to see what kind of sales they get. Based on what our product sells for in other markets, their pricing is a STEAL and my guess is once they discover this product will sell as well in NW CT as it does anywhere else, the price will be more inline with other products they handle....Every now and then a true deal comes around and you need to jump on it...sorta like shopping at Costco sometimes...better buy it when it's there, cause sometimes if you wait a day or two...it gets all sold out.... just my thoughts only...
Hey, BTU what happened to CT Pellet?, I do not see they have Okies on their web site any more? Are they still a dealer for you?

dodge99 said:
BTU said:
johnnycomelately said:

CT Pellet is a new dealer for us and we have been talking back and forth for a long time. They have never carried a quality softwood pellet before and have decided to take the plunge so to speak. I can't speak for them (or any other of our dealers for that matter) but my guess is that they want to test the waters first to see how the product sells in their market and are working on razor thin margins to see what kind of sales they get. Based on what our product sells for in other markets, their pricing is a STEAL and my guess is once they discover this product will sell as well in NW CT as it does anywhere else, the price will be more inline with other products they handle....Every now and then a true deal comes around and you need to jump on it...sorta like shopping at Costco sometimes...better buy it when it's there, cause sometimes if you wait a day or two...it gets all sold out.... just my thoughts only...
Hey, BTU what happened to CT Pellet?, I do not see they have Okies on their web site any more? Are they still a dealer for you?

My 2 cents on it. Mr. Olson isn't sold on softwoods. He is a diehard hardwood believer. Same as the old New England woodstove diehards. Hardwood vs Softwoods has been a struggle here for a very long time. Some dealers just don't think a Softwood could compete with the Hardwoods. There's more to it, But hard to explain unless you have burned cord wood in New England.

So If Mr. Olson can't get the Softwoods for far less money of the Hardwoods. He isn't going to carry them. If we want to see the Okies or other softwoods at CTPellet. We need to voice the fact that Softwoods are worth it. Or he will just go on being a Hardwoods only pellet dealer.

All I can say is pellets have nothing to do with cord wood and the Softwood pellets of today can be as good or even better than Hardwood pellets. Once the fiber is formed into a pellet things become far different than what nature has done. Softwood pellets pack as much BTU's per pound and as a rule burn far cleaner than a Hardwood pellet. If you don't believe you have to at least try some Softwoods. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.