Okay. Who has coldest temp.? Time frame. Thurs. 10pm - Sat. 10am. 1 rule. Picture of thermometer.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It just keeps gettin colder by the hour...although this isn't really that cold for us I can tolerate up to about -35'no proble
But once it hits -40'and colder I start to get a little uncomfortable

cf8227af.jpg

bsj425 said:
It just keeps gettin colder by the hour...although this isn't really that cold for us I can tolerate up to about -35'no proble

cf8227af.jpg

Tell the kids to pack up their flip-flops and sunscreen. Tomorrow is going to be a beach day at 19.

bsj425 said:
So what do I win... Again :)

NO! You don't. You are not in the time frame yet! :lol: So there.

Dude, you are living in the wrong friggin place. What the ........! I also believe you will win every time. This post also reminds me why I do not want to live anywhere near where you live. We have a few weeks usually every year when it goes below -10 at night. Not to many years back we had several years in a row where we would have two weeks straight around -25 when I was working the midnight shift. Glad I no longer have to work the midnight shift, and damn glad we have not had those temps in a few years. I'm good with the -10 for the lowest.

spacecowboyIV said:
bsj425 said:
But once it hits -40'and colder I start to get a little uncomfortable.

Tell the kids to pack up their flip-flops and sunscreen. Tomorrow is going to be a beach day at 19.

No need for sunscreen we only have a couple of hours of light now and we lose about 8 minutes a day so 16 minutes every sun up/ down cycle. Soon we will only have dusk for a few weeks with the sun maybe popping over the hill tops for an hour or so.

No need for sunscreen we only have a couple of hours of light now and we lose about 8 minutes a day so 16 minutes every sun up/ down cycle. Soon we will only have dusk for a few weeks with the sun maybe popping over the hill tops for an hour or so.

Oh, my, god. The only therapy for that little sunlight is a glass door on your fireplace or woodstove. Tell me you have one.

NEVERMIND. I GOOGLED YOUR WOODSTOVE. YOU'LL BE ALRIGHT. NICE!

Yep huge glass door it's the main reason we got this stove! And no the northern lights beat the sun hands down any day!

Can any of you beat bsj425? Out of curiosity, I am also interested in seeing pictures of the temps around the country(s) from you guys, even though you may not be able to compare to the guy who lives in conditions not suitable for most living things.

I cant take ALL the credit there are 2 or 3 other forum members who live where I do so it is a shared suck between the 4 of us lol. And it's not Cold yet -35 colder for me is when it's really cold.

can't beat those North Pole temps yet... the coldest we've had so far is +3... hasn't even gotten below zero yet...

Attachments

• DSC05253.jpg
    DSC05253.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 240
HehHeh . . . my sister keeps trying to convince me to come up and visit her in the Winter . . . I always politely refuse . . . I figure if I want snow and cold I just have to wait for it a bit longer here in Maine.

On a side note though . . . I am hoping to visit her this Summer . . . she's moving to Wasilla and buying a house with actual running water and central heat . . . needless to say she's pretty excited.

Mt Ski Bum said:
BrowningBAR said:
One of the many things I've learned on this forum is that I don't want to live in Alaska. :)

How 'bout Montana? We're the coldest state outside of Alaska, holding the record low temp. for the lower 48 of -70F ! Doesn't that sound nice & warm? :)

Done a year 60 miles north of Billings. We did not get the wood stove done until a week after Halloween. Running joke was: Jays so lazy the only thing he done for the winter was keeping that stove going. I had an 029 that didnt like the cold any better than I did, and a maul. No wood what so ever other than scraps off the cabin we where building. March came and I was out of there for good. We had so much time on our hands the stairs railing got carved into a wilderness Seine.

bsj425 said:

cf8227af.jpg

Funny, on Thursday according to the forecast the low was supposed to be 7, but according to the pic it is -19.
I wonder why they do not update the forecasted temps when the current temp goes out of range?

MishMouse said:
bsj425 said:

cf8227af.jpg

Funny, on Thursday according to the forecast the low was supposed to be 7, but according to the pic it is -19.
I wonder why they do not update the forecasted temps when the current temp goes out of range?

The temp changes so much the projected forcasts are NEVER right . Its not uncommon for the temp to change 40 degrese in a matter of hours. So you just go by whatever temp it is it sure is nice when the temp goes from -40 to 0 in a day or 2 makes you want to put the shorts on.

[duplicate post]

Got down to +1 degree the other night... it's barely +5 degrees right now... tonights looking to be on track to be below zero

Attachments

• DSC05267.jpg
    DSC05267.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 195
It was so cold here one day last winter,
I was watching the train go by, a guy was peeing off the back of the train
Froze so fast the yellow icicle jerked him right off the train. :lol:
No thermometer, but that' darn right cold. LOL

Mt Ski Bum said:
Got down to +1 degree the other night... it's barely +5 degrees right now... tonights looking to be on track to be below zero

Dam Eric, that is to cold for this time of year. How are the fires burning for ya? Got any pics of your warmer going recently?

Gasifier said:
Mt Ski Bum said:

Dam Eric, that is to cold for this time of year. How are the fires burning for ya? Got any pics of your warmer going recently?

Gasifier said:
Mt Ski Bum said:

Damn Eric, that is to cold for this time of year. How are the fires burning for ya? Got any pics of your warmer going recently?

No fires here! Unfortunately the small condo I live in doesn't have any wood-burning appliance... I think these condos used to have woodstoves in them, but the Owners Assosiation had them removed a long time ago due to liability concerns I think... :mad: so for now, I am restricted to using electricity to stay warm

No fires here! Unfortunately the small condo I live in doesn’t have any wood-burning appliance… I think these condos used to have woodstoves in them, but the Owners Assosiation had them removed a long time ago due to liability concerns I think… so for now, I am restricted to using electricity to stay warm

That is to bad. A wise decision on their part though. To many people out there that don't need to be burning fires inside, or outside, for that matter. :lol:

Gasifier said:
No fires here! Unfortunately the small condo I live in doesn’t have any wood-burning appliance… I think these condos used to have woodstoves in them, but the Owners Assosiation had them removed a long time ago due to liability concerns I think… so for now, I am restricted to using electricity to stay warm

That is to bad. A wise decision on their part though. To0 many people out there that don't need to be burning fires inside, or outside, for that matter. :lol:

Still have outdoor fires on the plaza at the base of the ski slopes, & there is a bon-fire for almost every event down in the Town Center... people in ski towns like fire! :lol:

Still have outdoor fires on the plaza at the base of the ski slopes, & there is a bon-fire for almost every event down in the Town Center… people in ski towns like fire!

There you go. That is awesome. I just had a bon-fire in the back yard for anyone in the family who could make it. Not a bad turn out. I have a lot of brothers and sisters and they all have kids. So you never know who is going to show up when you send out the e-mail to all the brothers and sisters and parents.

I made up a crockpot of home made chili and the wife made up some johny cake. Then came the home made macaroni and cheese, chicken/broccoli alfredo, fresh Italian bread, brownies, chocolate chip cookies. And I had a cold beer. Okay, I had three cold beers. ;-) Some of the advantages of having a bon-fire/family get together. I am still watching the bon-fire burning out there. It was cooling down pretty good out there. About 30 right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.