Okie Black Hills Issue?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

STOVEGUY11

Feeling the Heat
Feb 12, 2008
SOUTHERN CT
I have burned through two tons of Energex earlier on this season and Bought a ton of Okie Black Hills. They were a bit more, but they burn real hot. I like everything about them except the fact they seem to bridge in the hopper quite a bit. I have found that sometimes it happens twice in a 24 hour period. Basically what I wake up to in the morning is a stove that is out. I pop it in test mode and auger turns, but no pellets feed. I cleaned the fines trap door,and vacume out hopper.Even when its clean I still wake up to a cold stove. I think the pellets are causing the slide plate to get stuck. Has anyone else had issues with these pellets. I have never had this happen with any other brand. I am almost thinking of going to buy a couple bags of something cheap to try and see if it happens with other pellets. Burning an Accentra Insert. Has Anyone had a similar issue, or am I missing something here?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.