Okies are hard to find... Turman just as hot?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsk

Sep 12, 2011
Eastern ct
So I burned spruce pointe last year and was disappointed. They burned but didn't put out any where nar the heat Okies did. So I told myself, but 2 tons of okies for the cold stuff and somethign cheap for the rest of the winter...

Now it's buying time and Okies are having bagging upgrades so I'm not going to be able to get those in anytime soon.

I do have a source on Truman's but they are just as expensive as Okies. Do they burn just as hot? another choice of course is somersets but they produced alot of ash in my stove..

Lastley has anyone burned powerhouse premiums? They are very reasonable price wise, I'm looking to burn them during the not so cold season.

Turman's are my favorite pellet. Nice and hot and fairly clean with little to no fines.

Turmans are about $30 cheaper a ton than Okies up here. Very good all around pellet at a reasonable price. I dont even consider switching brands

Ive never used oakies but i could melt the paint off the walls with my turmans. Much hotter than the presto logs that came with the stove.

Bit the bullet and went with vermont wood pellets.

Reactions: thedude110
Status
Not open for further replies.