Okie's for $269.00 / ton in MA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nailed_nailer

Minister of Fire
Oct 29, 2007
Cape Cod, Ma
Thanks to you guys for letting me know BJ's had Okanagan's for cheap.

I called the Taunton, Ma store and inquired about pellets. They said they had 732 bags in stock. I asked what brand? She said she didn't know, but it begins with an O. I said Okanagan? She said yeah. I asked how much? She said tells me and it works out to $289 / ton. I say what the hell....I'll be right over.

I show up with a buddy that has a card and ask about the pellets and a whole pallet worth. They have to get a manager. He says it will be the bag price x number of bags on a pallet. I say fine what about a pallet discount. He says nope. I say OK. Load them up. He says he has to count how many bags are on a pallet and will call the service desk with the #. I say OK and wait a few minutes. He calls and tells the girl 65 bags on a pallet and that there is $20.00 off for buying a whole pallet. We do the math and I get 65 bags of Okie's for $5.38 a bag.

Works out to $269 / ton. Ends up costing me $349.00 total out the door with 65 bags loaded up.

Not a bad deal.

Thanks again for letting me know about the BJ's connection. I let my membership lapse a year ago.

BTU I would attach pictures but for some reason I can't seem to make them show up.

---Nailer---

You almost cleaned the place out?! LMAO :lol:
Geeze....good thing I picked up a few more bags before you got there..just kidding ;-)
Looks like BTU may need to send more soon!

Not cold enough for a true test, but I have burned a couple of bags of the Okies really like them so far.
Burn very clean and hot.

EDIT: next time I will read the post better before responding, I thought you said 132 left not 732.

jtakeman said:
Not a bad deal at all. Wish the closest BJ's had them here in CT.

Anyone see them in any CT BJ's yet???
jay, there is a big gas/store/car wash station within 1/4 mile of BT in bristol that has them....not sure of the price though. not sure which way you goto BT but if you were to take a left onto the road BT is on dont do that and stay straight for 1/4 mile....store is on right. If you come from ESPN direction its on left before the road to BT

Thought I'd chime in after picking these up myself-

I noticed the bags state "Less than 5% Ash", which I think they meant to say less than .5%, since 6% is utility grade and 0.5% is "Super premium" as defined by the PFI.

BTU said:
HEMI said:
jtakeman said:
Not a bad deal at all. Wish the closest BJ's had them here in CT.

Anyone see them in any CT BJ's yet???
jay, there is a big gas/store/car wash station within 1/4 mile of BT in bristol that has them....not sure of the price though. not sure which way you goto BT but if you were to take a left onto the road BT is on dont do that and stay straight for 1/4 mile....store is on right. If you come from ESPN direction its on left before the road to BT

????? Can I get the name of that place please..
sorry i don't have the name

so BTU, some shipments happened to end in CT land, uh ?

just called them up, $299/ton for the Okanagan.........too pricey.

how come our folks in MA can get them cheaper ?

thanks.
I'll pass.

I got Greene Team Gold Premium (hardwood), bought the ton at $275, excellent brand with great results. I'm looking for maybe another ton to level my inventory and have enough for the season (have a 2nd pellet stove now in the basement).

I hear Spruce Points (softwood) are an excellent brand per feedback from the folks here, can get them at $255.

Also, Rocky Mountain Super Premium Softwood: $275

Is there a list of the BJs that carry these pellets?

BTU,

From post #3

Yep, pretty little green pinetrees on the pallet cover.

My F-250 felt the load for the 45 mile drive home. ;-)

I made it, but would not like to do that everyday. Took the corners real slow and easy.

That extra 3 rows of bags on the pallet makes for a tall (and tippy) load.

We loaded them into the basement.

Gives me 1 ton of New England's from Jaffery,
1.3 tons of Okanagan's,
And 200 gallons of HHO

We should be set for the year.

---Nailer---

I noticed the 5% on the bags at BJ's in Haverhill the other day. I remember thinking that the label doesn't seem to match the hoopla on the forums! LOL!

I did ask about delivery, and they said that they don't.

BTU posted a list for me a couple of weeks ago, of all the BJ's that got pellets. search on my username, and you'll probably find the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.