okies......lots of ash in this batch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Panhandler said:
blues said:
Panhandler said:
blues said:
Cant get Oaks here, only Presto-logs(lig WV plant) 219 ton or AWFs at 253 ton wally world has natures heat leftovers with enough packing tape on the bags to stop a bullet for 230 ton.

I have noticed a reduction in quality perhaps due to less demand for lumber,poor storage.

Blues, I'm down I-70 in Wheeling. How are this seasons Presto's? Local Lowes has 'em. Hated the previous ones I tried.

Well to be frank, I'm not impressed with them. Heat is above average, but ash/fines are excessive, yesterday went to HD they were down to 177 a ton. Good shoulder pellet or a mix pellet. AWF is a better pellet.

What brands do you use??

Got lucky this spring with 2 ton of Greene Gold (first time I have seen these, made in Garrards Fort, PA) at $188 per ton. Also got an early buy at Tractor Supply of Hardwood Heat at $204 I think. HH have a little more ash, but good. Not much choice around here, no stove shops that sell pellets, actually only one stove shop period.

Those are some nice buys. picked up a ton of Presto logs today and they were different, dark color almost looked like industrial bulk pellets, but still from wv plant.
I feel the east coast gets screwed, its like our demand/need pays the freight for those on the west coast

Status
Not open for further replies.