OkoFEN eco mode?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

whit

Sep 15, 2009
Southern VT
Just got around to connecting my OkoFEN (MESys) Pellematic to the Internet (as simple as running a CAT5 cable from under the control panel to a wifi extender), which made it able to be set for the local weather (via an Internet service they use), and then allowed me to enable two options through the menus which depend on that: "OT Reg" and "Eco Mode". The first, it appears, adjusts the firing up or down (in some way) according to the outside temperature, which should increase efficiency. The second does ... well, the menus and manual don't clearly say. What did happen, somehow, is several hours after I set these the system threw a "Max Temp Sensor (5033)" error, which I had to clear to restore operation. No real idea why.

I've turned off "Eco Mode," and left "OT Reg" enabled, to see if it will re-occur when set that way. Does anyone know what in theory Eco Mode tries to do? My zone controller and thermostats are not OkoFEN kit. Maybe Eco Mode is meant for totally OkoFEN systems? There have been no errors before this; it's likely something about my playing with the stuff that led to the error. Otherwise it's been impressively good equipment so far.