old 80's arco air pilots lit but no burner action

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minister of Fire
May 8, 2011
midwest
the pilot comes on no problem. The thermo coupler leads to a mercury switch, all one piece. I suspect this is the culprit. Is there a way to test it. Bypass for test only? It has three prongs. I'd like to eliminate it before moving on to gas valve.

WP_20151205_09_58_23_Pro.jpg WP_20151205_09_58_03_Pro.jpg WP_20151205_09_58_42_Pro.jpg Here are pics of the thermo coupler / pilot, mercury switch and gas valve.

What kind of unit is this Gas stove? Fireplace? Furnace? Not really familiar with the manufacturer.
Is there a model number on the unit? Google tells me there is a manufacturer called Arcoaire.
Is this the manufacturer of your unit?

yes thats it. Its a furnace.

Thanks for the help. I just went ahead and started jumping things. I jumped the mercury switch and the gas valve a few times they sounded like they were engaging. Then I called for heat and the burner kicked on. I think I may have just had a sticking valve. This furnace hasn't been used in ten years as I've been burning wood pellets. I bought propane this year because it was cheaper then pellets. I've got lots of carbon monoxide alarms around so if things go south hopefully they alert me.

Reactions: DAKSY
Status
Not open for further replies.