Old Chainsaws

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
After hiking up Mt. Arab and looking at the fall colors we went to Tupper Lake and had breakfast at the Lumberjack Inn, these chainsaws were inside.

http://tupperlake.net/MtArab.htm

zap

Attachments

• 100_1550.jpg
    100_1550.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 454
  • 100_1551.jpg
    100_1551.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 444
  • 100_1552.jpg
    100_1552.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 432
  • 100_1553.jpg
    100_1553.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 424
  • 100_1554.jpg
    100_1554.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 481
Cool old saws!

Zap, our paths must have crossed. I was up at Horseshoe Lake for the last four days and was in Tupper Lake on two occasions. I was actually thinking of you when I was looking at all the beech and maple trees. The forest around there looks like some of your photos. How far are you from TL?

Battenkiller said:
Cool old saws!

Zap, our paths must have crossed. I was up at Horseshoe Lake for the last four days and was in Tupper Lake on two occasions. I was actually thinking of you when I was looking at all the beech and maple trees. The forest around there looks like some of your photos. How far are you from TL?

Battenkiller we are about 35 miles northwest of Tupper Lake which is about 45 minutes. Battenkiller what was going on at Horseshoe Lake?

zap

I'm from Tupper Lake and now live a couple roads over from Mt. Arab. Those saws have been in the Lumberjack for years.

Tarmsolo60 said:
I'm from Tupper Lake and now live a couple roads over from Mt. Arab. Those saws have been in the Lumberjack for years.

Tarmsolo60 we use to play in the Barnsider softball tournament every year (some good old parties in Tupper) that was when I first started going, over 30 years ago.

zap

zapny said:
Battenkiller we are about 35 miles northwest of Tupper Lake which is about 45 minutes. Battenkiller what was going on at Horseshoe Lake?

Canton/Potsdam area? We usually go that way when we head to Canada, crossing at Ogdensburg.

Nothing special happening at Horseshoe, just base camping there for some fishing on the Bog River with a couple of old friends. I spent half my time figuring out how to wire up my exhaust that I trashed on a rock on the way in, but my buddies caught plenty of tasty bass so we ate well. Weather was perfect for canoeing around Horseshoe.

Battenkiller said:
zapny said:

Canton/Potsdam area? We usually go that way when we head to Canada, crossing at Ogdensburg.

Nothing special happening at Horseshoe, just base camping there for some fishing on the Bog River with a couple of old friends. I spent half my time figuring out how to wire up my exhaust that I trashed on a rock on the way in, but my buddies caught plenty of tasty bass so we ate well. Weather was perfect for canoeing around Horseshoe.

Just south of Potsdam by about 14 miles, that is a nice area you were fishing in.

zap

Man, you guys are throwing around a bunch of familiar names!

My Aunt lives in Tupper Lake.

I was born in Ogdensburg

My father is from Potsdam area, my mother from north lawrence.

grandparents live in massena now.

I haven't been back up in years - but I'd love to eat at the lumberjack and check out those old saws!

Yes this place brings back memories.I had breakfast (pancakes and sausage) in this very place.It was back in 2002. Like you I was getting pictures of the fall foliage.This is one aspect that I miss since moving.Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.