Old Dominion Pellets? ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bas157

Oct 1, 2012
Near Limerick, PA
Lowes had some Old Dominion Pellets in stock so I pick up some bags to try them out. I haven't found any recent reviews on this brand so was wondering if anyone has used them recently and what you think of them?

Bags says Ultra Premium Hardwood Blend on the label but in the little spec section it has 'Grade: Premium'
Less than .6% ash
Less than .5% fines

Comments, opinions?

thanks
Bruce

Lowes had some Old Dominion Pellets in stock so I pick up some bags to try them out. I haven't found any recent reviews on this brand so was wondering if anyone has used them recently and what you think of them?

Bags says Ultra Premium Hardwood Blend on the label but in the little spec section it has 'Grade: Premium'
Less than .6% ash
Less than .5% fines

Comments, opinions?

thanks
Bruce

I went to my local Agway to get my Hamers...they didn't have any, but had Old Dominion. I bought ten bags to give them a try, they are burning fairly clean, but too be honest, the stove has been on low, as it hasn't really gotten cold yet. I will probably buy them again, since the Hamers are in short supply this year, and real pricey.

I thought they produced a lot of ash but it was a low burn most of the time. They also didn't seem to be as hot other pellets I've burned. Definitely wouldn't buy a ton of them unless I was hurting for pellets.

I picked up a ton at lowes in late November. I've actually been really happy with them I think their a good all around pellet. To compare I also bought a ton of hamers and they have a ridiculous amount of fines/ sawdust. Found I go through them faster too I think because of the small pellet size. I would buy more old dominions again for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.