Old Dovre

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

harryrubin

Nov 23, 2011
new hampshire
So recently I made a rookie stove hunter error... I bought a stove without understanding exactly what I was buying.
I wanted an NG burner and when I got the beautiful Dovre DV400 stove home found to my chagrin it was setup for propane. We ll I thought after talking to my installer friend I will just call the local Dovre Quadra fire retailer and get an NG conversion kit ordered...Yeah right. No Go These parts are no longer supported or available from the mfg.
According to the manual I have I need a pn 25121 pilot assy. and pn 19837 burner oriface, pn 24033 Valve, 19897 regulator and lastly a 71736 pilot orifice.

So I am hoping one of you kind soles out there can point me in the direction of a parts dealer with some of these on his shelf or an old stove in someones basement which they would be willing to part out.

Otherwise I will have to try and sell this and start over.

Any help would be greatly appreciated....And happy thanks giving to all.

Harry in NH

I had the reverse situation with an older Dovre DV 425; NG to propane. Quadra Fire dealer sold me two conversion kits he said were right. Not!! I think these stoves switched configurations a lot. Mine has the older Robert Shaw gas valve. The conversion kit was a Novi. I was able to find replacement orifices at Northrop Supply. The stove works fine without changing anything else. I saved the NG parts but the #'s don't match yours. I think these are great stoves and can be had real cheap but get a gas tech to convert it. I just bought a DV 400 used set up for propane for $100.00 for my tenent. I can't resist them either.

Ehouse

I just got an older Dovre DV400 (from 1994) that is natural gas and needs to be converted to propane. What do you think about just swapping parts? I don't have a manual, not sure about all them parts though, I thought I just had to change the orifice. My direct email is [email protected]

Thanks,
Chris

cmichel56076 said:
I just got an older Dovre DV400 (from 1994) that is natural gas and needs to be converted to propane. What do you think about just swapping parts? I don't have a manual, not sure about all them parts though, I thought I just had to change the orifice. My direct email is [email protected]

Thanks,
Chris

At a minimum, you will have to change the pilot orifice,
the burner orifice, the regulator head & re-adjust the air
shutter opening. By code you have to add the stickers that
indicate what fuel it is set up to burn, & who performed the
fuel conversion... There might even be a required burner change.
Your owner's manual should describe the procedure & list the parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.