Old Earth Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

traveler659

Jun 15, 2010
west tennessee
I have an older earth stove, appx 20 years old and was wonder what an older stove like this was worth.It is in excellent shape and will heat an appx 1600 sq. ft house.Any ideas on a good selling price would be.

If you wait to sell until late Sept or early Oct. when it starts getting cold, maybe $2-300?

Take a look at Craigslist and newspaper classifieds in your area and see what they are being listed for. As far as I'm concerned, BeGreen is right on the money as far as value, but around here they get listed higher. I don't know if they are getting them sold at that price, but I see all sorts of pre-epa stoves listed for $4-500. (they are not really worth that, but evidently people are paying that).

Pictures man, pictures...........

+1 for what daleeper said.

-Soupy1957

I sold my Garrison 1 a year ago for $300 and change and felt guilty about it. Then again I gave him the 6 feet of 8" inside pipe because my new stove took 6". It was essentially in like new condition for a 30 year old stove being used 3 seasons by me and very rarely by the original owners. If both parties are happy then it is a win-win.

Status
Not open for further replies.