OLD EFEL STOVE - NEEDS IDENTIFYING, PLEASE !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire sprite

Aug 6, 2015
Wales
Hi Folks ! I'm new here .:) ..... Excited about having this particular wood burning stove installed in my living room shortly...... ( please see pics attached )

It was owned by the previous occupiers...... However, I know nothing of its history, though I know it is an EFEL ( as it states so on the stove, however, there are no other identifying details, as to the particular model name / number ...... The inside of the stove has its damper missing ....also, the fire bricks have been removed from the inside ...... The installer, says he doesn't know if this stove would be approved by " Heatas " which is the governing body of installers and stoves,here, in the UK...

Without a Heatas certificate of approval of both stove and installer, I might not be covered by my home insurance for the installation against fire risk......:(

Any one out there able to help with identifying this cute looking little stove ? .. could, also, poss, let me know if it would be classed as an approved model ? Many thanx... in anticipation .....
PICT0004.JPG PICT0002.JPG PICT0009.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like it may be a Harmony or a predecessor, but not sure. If it has been tested and approved I would expect there to be a clear label on the back of the stove listing the testing lab and its certification. Otherwise perhaps contact Efel directly or try these folks? http://www.efelspares.co.uk/

Thank you, Begreen, for your swift reply and info, greatly appreciated ! .... ......

Just checked out the back ...... thought you might be interested to take a look at the reverse side ...so have taken a couple more shots .... Looks as though that oblong piece of metal,, which is hanging on to the sheet metal backing by one screw, did,indeed, once, have a written, paper, document on it..... there remains, a small almost triangular piece of paper still clinging to it.....retaining.no more than a couple of, barely, visible illegible letters

The stove has its own accompanying stand.....one side is,surprisingly, clean with fire rope on it..... the other side covered in a lot of debris ....

I will initiate contact with Efel tomorrow ........
PICT0004.JPG PICT0009.JPG PICT0006.JPG PICT0001.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.