Old Farmers Almanac forecast 15-16

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, cold -26 and only about 115'' of snow.
Not sure where you are, but the coast can average less than half that, and that is just above average in the north. Sounds like they missed

I just went on the noaa website and we are listed at 95~ inches. Not sure where they measure but that seems skimpy. Maybe I was mistakenly using my fishing ruler. ;)

Reactions: Adios Pantalones
Well, without going through the weather for every year, if it really is that accurate for you then you're either in the sweet spot for their method, or they're crazy lucky for you! There were a few articles after they blew it for us last winter exposing how poor their track record is

Reactions: Knots
I predict we will have some cold snowy days. Some warmer than usual days. And I'll be tired of it by March 1st.

Reactions: Adios Pantalones
Brother Bart - I just got a call from my paving company, there going to repave my main road and driveway Nov 4th, Farmer's Almanac says: Nov 1st & 2nd - Sunny & Cold, 3rd - 8th rainy periods & mild, 9th -12th rain & snow showers.
Could you verify this with your cat? Location NW NJ

She said cloudy and in the high fifties and mid sixties that week but will turn cold and rainy on Saturday but partly cloudy/sunny with fifties and sixties for the next week.

The score so far: Brother Barts Cat +1, Almanac 0, Almanac is predicting a white thanksgiving around here, care to make another forecast?

I know! And a lot of the weathermen that were predicting a bad winter are back peddling big time!
Fine with me.
I may not even light the stove at this rate!

The best forecaster around these parts put out his for this Winter a couple of days ago. He sees it staying mild through December but a snow bombing coming mid-January through February.

He also predicted this warm November a couple of months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.