Old Fisher Fireplace Insert....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sno543

Jan 22, 2008
California
Hi everyone. I am renting a house that has a old Fisher Fireplace Insert that is probably around 30 yrs. old. Since I rent, replacing it is not an option but it is in good condition. I mostly use it when it is cold and rainy outside. For now, I am using store bought wood. So I am interested in knowing how to operate it properly for maximum heat output and to make the wood last as long as possible.

I was reading the forums and found out that closing the doors helps. I did notice it did help with the heat output last night. There is a lever on the side. If I pull it out the flue is open. If I push it in, does it close the flue or partially close it? If it partially closes it, do I leave it open with the doors closed or do I partially close it?

Until I was reading the forums, I did not know the knobs on the front of the doors turned. Should I leave these closed or turn them to open them up a bit? I was not sure about that.

Thanks in advance for any help you all can give me. :)

Sherri

Status
Not open for further replies.