Old fisher is ready for winter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turner87

Mar 4, 2015
Indiana
Just finished up my old fisher stove in my garage. Used stove bright Satin black, after a lot of wire wheel time. I'm very pleased

Attachments

• IMG_20140815_213856_306.jpg
    IMG_20140815_213856_306.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 287
  • 20151011_222919.jpg
    20151011_222919.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 304
  • 20151011_222934.jpg
    20151011_222934.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 284
Take that magik heat creosote factory off of there and it will be ready also check you have 36" to that backwall

Came out really nice. Not knowledgeable about Fishers. Did you add a baffle?

Hope you got your flak jacket on cause that heat reclaimer will draw fire round here.* didn't even get to post before the first shot!

Reactions: bholler
The stove looks great but do respect its clearance requirements. It may be ok, hard to tell from a front photo.

Yes it has enough clearance, I installed the magic heat last year and never had a issue with creosote. It doesn't get burned everyday all day. Just here and there when we go out in the garage. Helps warm my 30x40 up great. I haven't installed a baffle yet, I do have the dimensions to make one.

Yes it has enough clearance,
I couldnt really tell from the pic but i thought it looked a little close. Had to check. As far as the magic heat goes i will not work on a stove with one on uless the homeowner lets me remove it. I dont think they have any place in a wood stove vent.

Does anyone have a better ideal for getting better heat other then the magic heat? I thought about building a blower for the stove but really don't want to modify the fisher.

Does anyone have a better ideal for getting better heat other then the magic heat? I thought about building a blower for the stove but really don't want to modify the fisher.
A baffle and proper burning techniques with good wood. Put a fan behind it blowing over the stove to help extract a little more heat. But really with a stove like a fisher you are going to waste a fair amount of heat up the stack or you are going to get allot of creosote

Status
Not open for further replies.