Old Flue Liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antony Miller

Nov 21, 2013
uk
Hi we have just had a back boiler removed and there is an existing 6" flexible flue liner in place already

my question is this suitable for a new multi-fuel stove ??

the flue liner looks exactly like the current flue liners needed for the new stoves

any advise would be greatly appreciated

thanks

regards

antony

Greetings Antony. This is a case where there is no substitution for eyes on site. If the liner is stainless steel it might be qualified for multifuel use, but you want to be careful. If the boiler was gas it may not be. I would have a qualified sweep clean out the liner and certify that it is multifuel ready.

HI thanks for the quick reply , i will certainly get it checked out properly .

I've added 2 photos

thanks

20131121_192320.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It will need to be stailess steel grade 316 or 904 for multifuel. Impossible to tell if it is from pics. Most people in the UK use twinwall flex liner for multi-fuel these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.