Old hearth, new stove (PICS!)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigcube

Feb 27, 2008
Upstate NY
I can't wait for the insulation to dry so I can fire this bad boy up! I replaced a Vermont Castings "Vigilant" with a Quadra-fire "Cumberland Gap". Whatcha' think?

NewStove.jpg

Oh...I think I like it. I also think I'm moving it over to the Perfect Picture forum...hang on, here we go. Rick

The installer completely surrounded the 6" sleeve (in a 6x9 flu tile chimney) with foam. He said it really needs some time to cure. Does this sound right, he said let it dry for at least 24 hours then start with small kindling fires for a while before I run it flat out. Gonna be hard to wait that long. Thanks for the compliments!

Clean and simple love it!

As I recall, you can open door burn in that stove with a sparkscreen. How cool! A welded firebox and cast iron cladding. Looks like you cut out your carpet for some ember protection on the floor.

Oh that looks great. I would be excited too, but you better wait because if the guy that did the work says to and you don't then he will blame you if something goes wrong and won't correct it.

Highbeam said:
As I recall, you can open door burn in that stove with a sparkscreen. How cool! A welded firebox and cast iron cladding. Looks like you cut out your carpet for some ember protection on the floor.

Yes, the carpet is cut in front of the stove. It was like that when I got the house. I think the carpet is going to get torn up soon. It's hardwood floors underneath.

The dog keeps looking at it wondering whey it's not going yet LOL Here's a pic of the old one.
TobyStove.jpg

a beautiful stove indeed....now post pics with a fire in that puppy or yer banned from the club!Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.