Old Jotul 8 with air control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have any photos? If you can afford go to your local chimney guy if not start researching online. There's tons of info out there if you ask the right questions. How much did you buy it for?

Begreen, at first glance that website is fantastic. How we'll do you trust it? What's your experience purchasing from it?

I haven't ordered from them, but many folks here have. They are good folks by all reports I have seen.

I have about $400 in parts I have to order for my jotul 3. I got a quote from my local chimney guy for the same parts I found on woodsman. He wants to charge me close to $600.

Hello- Jotul still has many parts avail for Jot 3's and 8's, but the right model Id is needed (F3cb, 3TDIC, series 3, Original 3 are all models) Jotul 8 too, original 8, series 8, 8TDC, all models of the 8). The 8 was produced from about 1982-1998, Id'ing the stove is important. If you need interior parts, best to look for the "KAT" number (casting) etched into the old one, a 6 number part no. Jotul's website has help iding older Jotuls. Good luck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.