Old Maple

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
The other night we had a heavy rain, while sitting in the living room you could here a thud in the woods so last night I went back in an found the old maple dropped a branch.

I thought I would get back in the woods to pull down the dead tree but I made a mistake and sat in the recliner, woke up one hour later in time for supper, after supper I hit the screen house.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1178.jpg
    100_1178.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 241
  • 100_1176.jpg
    100_1176.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 243
Sounds like a good day to me!

How can you sit in the screen house with all the trees blocking your view?

:coolgrin:
SolarAndWood said:

Most are pine with a cherry and hard maple, I think the hot wings I had the night before took it's toll on the stomach! :coolgrin:

Milk drinking fool last night.

zap

I think the mistake you made was considering the work. I think the recliner was the right choice, not the mistake, lol....

Danno77 said:
I think the mistake you made was considering the work. I think the recliner was the right choice, not the mistake, lol....

All I remember was the wife saying it's time to eat, woke right up and off to the table I went. Looks like Friday will be my next day in the woods if the weather is good.

zap

zapny said:
:coolgrin:
SolarAndWood said:

Most are pine with a cherry and hard maple, I think the hot wings I had the night before took it's toll on the stomach! :coolgrin:

Milk drinking fool last night.

zap

those wings aren't hot unless they hurt as much exiting as much as they did entering

Zap, it appears to me you made the right decision.

btw, it might be getting wet your way. We've had close to 3" of rain in the last 5 days! A neighbor just left and he said he has had 1/2" more than we did and he is only a mile away. The other day when I dumped over an inch from the rain gauge, I learned that 4 miles from us only got .4" Strange. But now we don't need rain for another week yet.

Backwoods Savage said:
Zap, it appears to me you made the right decision.

btw, it might be getting wet your way. We've had close to 3" of rain in the last 5 days! A neighbor just left and he said he has had 1/2" more than we did and he is only a mile away. The other day when I dumped over an inch from the rain gauge, I learned that 4 miles from us only got .4" Strange. But now we don't need rain for another week yet.

We need some but not all at once, most of the rain this year went north or south of us so this winter we will get hit with every storm.

zap

I agree. The worst thing about getting it so fast is that most of it runs off without soaking into the ground. We got 1.6" last night in a short time and lots of erosion happened. But in this yellow sand we have, it goes through fast. Our ground just does not hold water. The area farmers don't have that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.