Old Mark 50 Reddy Heater Has kerosene mist and spark but won`t ignite

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharky1958

Feb 10, 2007
Old reddy heater at least 25yrs old was smellling of kerosene badly so I removed cover and sparkplug cleaned filters and such. I didn`t mess with the adjustments as I know this is a sensitive area unless you have a presssure gauge. I have the mist and spark but it won`t ignite even with a new spark plug. Any ideas?

New Fuel it worked until I removed the sparkplug and cleaned it. Another forum response was to get a low pressure gauge and atttach it where the pressure adjustment is and get a pressure reading. This will tell alot and keep me from buying parts I don`t need. A 50,000 btu heater should have between 4.5 to 5 lbs of pressure and from what I found out yesturday as little as .5 lbs of pressure can screw it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.