Old MiniMac 6 fuel line issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pybyr

Minister of Fire
Jun 3, 2008
Adamant, VT 05640
years back, a friend gave me a "Mini Mac 6" chainsaw that had belonged to her dad.

it had virtually no hours on it because it was always plagued by an issue of having the fuel line pop off of the carburetor, and then lost all its fuel, along with any ability to run...

several people had supposedly fixed it, but it always returned to doing the same thing

I have a mix of stubborn and creative streaks that usually results in eventual success with "troubled" machines, so she gave it to me.

I got it running, but then, had the same problems. I've had too many other time consuming projects (that come my way because of the same tendencies mentioned above) to find time to mess with it.

since it would be a nice limbing saw, and I can't otherwise justify the cost of a limbing saw, I am hoping that there's someone around here who can say "aha, you just need to get and X and hook it to a Y using a Z" so that I don't have to take time to reinvent a wheel that I won't find time for any time soon..

thanks

I assume it is just a flexible tube that slips onto a barb. Can you not put a few turns of copper wire around it to clamp it? How about replacing the tube with a new one? A lot of the old tubes won't stand up to today's fuel additives.

Status
Not open for further replies.