[old] morso 2b flue size and other questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

therabbithole

Sep 2, 2014
Columbus, OH
Having just bought a used morso 2b - in what looks like really good shape - I'm looking for advice on the flue size. The collar measures about 4 3/4" ID, which I assume would more or less accept the crimp on 5" pipe. Does that sound right?

Assuming the stove was originally made for 5" stovepipe, what are the pros and cons of hooking it into a 6" chimney? There's no chimney at all yet, and while 5" would be cheaper it seems like 6" would leave more flexibility for other stoves in the future.

As context, I don't know how old the stove is but the door doesn't have a window like what's on the new model, the air vent is on the bottom of the door rather than the top, and there's no firebrick inside. I found a few pictures of similar-looking models online but without much clear sense of age. Are there any ideas about when this could have been made, and any sense of whether any of the currently available replacement parts would fit? I need a hinge pin, for starters, and wouldn't mind getting a door with a window and gasket groove in it...

Thanks in advance for any help.

You're welcome. No need for a new thread if you have questions about the burn plates. The title is all inclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.