Old Morso 2B Squirrel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizzy

Sep 10, 2009
Northwestern NJ
I have an old wood stove - don't know how old - But after a bit of research I know that it is a Morso 2B Squirrel. I want to sell this but I am having trouble finding any more info.

I believe that they still make this model.
Does anyone know what a new one is worth or what an old one in good condition is worth????

Please help.

Attachments

• AntiqueWoodStove007.JPG
    AntiqueWoodStove007.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,455
  • AntiqueWoodStove015.JPG
    AntiqueWoodStove015.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 813
Dating is going to be hard, unless there is a casting date somewhere. But I wouldn't worry too much about the age. Condition is more important. How are the interior of the stove and the liners? If they are in great shape then the stove should sell for about $400+. If not, then maybe $250-300 assuming no cracks or other serious issues.

That looks simliar to the Jotul 606. It may have the same characteristics that led to Jotul pulling the 606 out of the US market. The 606 really didnt like running with a closed damper and was a massive creosote generator when subjected to the "fill it up full before going to bed and shutting down the damper routine). Some folks had to clean the chimneys every few weeks until they figured it out and unfortunately, some folks didnt and had singificant chimney fires. If they were run properly burhing hot fires with the damper open, they were a very efficent stove. The Morso design may have some sort of modification to eliminate this problem, but barring making the damper unable to close, I expect it will have the same issue..

Sounds like you are planning to sell it, but if you sell it to someone you know, it might be worth a heads up

Status
Not open for further replies.