old pellet stoves - what's the oldest you got?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1994 Austroflaam still heating my house like the day I got it.

Just the gaskets yearly when cleaned.(comb blower, door,)

I have the same as Flammam. I bought it used 2 years ago and have not had any problems with it. I hope it stays that way.

1991 Whitfield Renaissance.

DSC04125-1.jpg

Reactions: moburns
dave1966 said:
my 1991 jamestown is still going strong 22nd yaer it's now at my parents how keeping them warm

Let's check the math & spelling here. 1991-2008, nope not 22 yaer, but I'm sure it's a wonderful stove.

Since we are correcting dave1966, I thought I would add that I am glad his parent's how is very warm. I don't know about my how but my house is very warm.

I have a 1993 Saranac D25. It has had many makeovers, but still keeping us warm.

1994 Whitfield advantage II Insert, 1991 Waterford (Whitfield), Both work great...

1990-92 Whitfield Quest insert I bought for my parents. Replaced the low limit switch, gaskets and the buttons on the control panel.

1997 Breckwell P28I. Haven't used much, wouldn't lite several years ago so it became a nice ornament. Decided to check it out this year. Luckily I didn't get a service call. Disconnected pipe from stove and 2 dead birds (skulls and beaks) head first in exhaust fan. Cleared out "obstruction" from fan and pipe and she works again! :)

Attachments

• Breckwell P28I 2.JPG
    Breckwell P28I 2.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 723
kbd627 said:
1997 Breckwell P28I. Haven't used much, wouldn't lite several years ago so it became a nice ornament. Decided to check it out this year. Luckily I didn't get a service call. Disconnected pipe from stove and 2 dead birds (skulls and beaks) head first in exhaust fan. Cleared out "obstruction" from fan and pipe and she works again! :)

you may want to go up on the roof (or have a 'sweep do it).

if you had _two_ birds, there's a chance there was a nest in your chimney. part of it may still be there, obstructing the exhaust

Already went up on roof and swept down. Nothing else was in it. The too late birds flew down larger pipe then into 3" with 2 elbows evidently they couldn't turn around so tried to go out through stove. Metal insulated chimney that was installed by builder 14 years ago. Cap has metal slats I wrapped some thin metal fencing around it also. Shouldn't happen again unless they chew through wire!! ;)

Some nice stories here, but this thread is useless without pics!
aak.gif

All of you with stoves installed 15+ years ago, does
the pellet vent hold up that long or have you had
to replace it?

Anton Smirnov said:
Ok guys, here's where you can brag a little - what's the oldest pellet stove you have in operation?

and I mean 'heating your home', not sitting in the backroom, that you fire up once a year to show your friends that it still runs

2008 St. Croix Revolution. Got rid of all the old shi* boxes when scrap prices were high

hossthehermit said:
Anton Smirnov said:
Ok guys, here's where you can brag a little - what's the oldest pellet stove you have in operation?

and I mean 'heating your home', not sitting in the backroom, that you fire up once a year to show your friends that it still runs

2008 St. Croix Revolution. Got rid of all the old shi* boxes when scrap prices were high

So even if it worked you scrapped it? Pretty sure it would've been worth more selling it on Craigslist even when scrap prices were high a few months ago.

rap69ri said:
hossthehermit said:
Anton Smirnov said:

So even if it worked you scrapped it? Pretty sure it would've been worth more selling it on Craigslist even when scrap prices were high a few months ago.

Just ' cause I could make it work, being used to it, doesn't mean some one else could. If they burned down their house, it would have been a bad thing. Besides,I tried, and nobody wanted 'em.

hossthehermit said:
rap69ri said:
hossthehermit said:
Anton Smirnov said:

Just ' cause I could make it work, being used to it, doesn't mean some one else could. If they burned down their house, it would have been a bad thing. Besides,I tried, and nobody wanted 'em.

What stoves did you scrap?

I am running 3 Whitfield WP1s (Legend). They are all in mint condition. 1984 and 1985 vintage. They weigh about twice as much as an Advantage and the room air will burn you hand at 8 inches out.. I would not trade them for any thing... PS no circut boards to fail either.
mark

Status
Not open for further replies.