old potbelly

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodeye

Aug 21, 2007
i saw a ad in local paper for an old pot belly stove w/some rust for 20 bucks,was thinking it would be nice in the basement. i don't know much about them ,i do burn wood all winter in fireplace upstairs.i would probably have it pro installed.are they efficient enough to make it worth doing or would it just be an ambiance thing.

Attachments

• stove.jpg
    stove.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 297
I'll let the others chime in the the code issues but man, by the looks of that thing I wouldn't burn it in my house. Safety first!

It would look cool after a nice sandblasting and coat of paint but not as a burner. Not in the house. Maybe some sort of outdoor firepit deal or flower pot.

That's good thinking HB. Make a Chimnea out of it!

Not to mention you would spend more on making her pretty and the installation than the stove is worth in the first place. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.